2017 Best Teams In The State (All Classes)

Spartan4Life

6 minutes ago, kwc said:

My IFL list. Here goes.

1) Maryville

2) Lausanne/BA

3) BA/Lausanne

4) Oakland

5) Alcoa/Greenville

6) Greenville/Alcoa

7) MBA

8) Knoxville Cath.

9) Beech

10) Oakridge

Imho, this list is more accurate than the others. Lausanne looked really good, however they are the only ones you have listed that may be a bit high. I don’t think they could stay within 4 points of Maryville. Good list tho! :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant

On 12/7/2017 at 8:02 AM, mofototo50 said:

Lausanne would struggle against a team that is either: 

A. As big as they are up front and can hold their own running the ball

B. A team that can throw and plays really good defense. To me Lausanne biggest weakness is their secondary. They play a lot of man and cover 3 (essentially man to the boundary/1 WR side). BGA was able to get past their DBs who are pretty good (BGA two outside WR were very good as well). Part of it is how aggressive their DBs like to play.

When it comes to their defensive front 7 though, they are as good as I have seen. Love & Thomas at LB are really good. Crawford to me is right behind Trey Smith last year for DL who effects a game (and he plays with a motor that Trey didn't in high school). And adding Corteze Love to the mix at DE only makes them better. 

Offensively they have weapons, but if you can shut down Gray (like Whitehaven was able to) you have a chance to win the game. Whitehaven didn't have the offense built to beat them though.

Thats a very big assumption. This analysis is as valid as the people who read it and give it credence, or, as invalid as people who read it and and don't give it any credence. It just depends upon your point of view.

It is an opinion though ... I'll give you that.

Edited by kwc

3 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Imho, this list is more accurate than the others. Lausanne looked really good, however they are the only ones you have listed that may be a bit high. I don’t think they could stay within 4 points of Maryville. Good list tho! :thumb:

It's a list. No one actually knows how any of it would shake out. However, they are good for creating conversation.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, pepvol said:

Easy ... it's Amazing to me that not only does Maryville always get beat in these IFL games ... it's always EASY also . Funny how you never see Actual Maryville fans Claim World Dominance ... then again we're not a Private School guy whose team Avoids all the really good teams ... and we're not insecure about our accomplishments because of that . Brentwood Academy looked like a really Great Team this year ... I am one of the few Guys in the State Apparently who wouldn't mind seeing Public , Private Schools back together again . I know Maryville wouldn't win every year ... but I'd bet we'd still win our share of Titles ... Giving out 9 Gold Balls is Crazy . I guess if that Happened though we wouldn't get to hear every year from SP4Life how puny and insignificant us DI teams are . Carry on with your Vicarious Chest Thumping SP4Life . 

LOLOLOLOL ... come on pep ... this is the D2 board. Of course their best teams would easily beat the best of the D1 teams. EASILY. Haven't you been paying attention to the D2 rhetoric? That has ALWAYS been the case. Especially with the mighty, omnipotent BA squad, as well as, the slighty less diety of MBA.

All hail to BA, MBA, and McCallie. Bow to them as they rule from Mt. Olympus!

Edited by kwc

7 hours ago, kwc said:

Whaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?!?

Hush yo mouf!

I hear thunder a'rumblin' in Mount Olympus!

Beware! ... :o

I am actually quite shocked you didn’t rank whitehaven number one - for some reason I could hear the rationalizations coming 

ba went undefeated in the highest private division - L barely beat a 3 loss whitehaven team 

sorry your home bias does not make sense 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

10 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I am actually quite shocked you didn’t rank whitehaven number one - for some reason I could hear the rationalizations coming 

ba went undefeated in the highest private division - L barely beat a 3 loss whitehaven team 

sorry your home bias does not make sense 

So freaking what! To the bolded section. That's right, L beat a three loss Whitehaven team. That three loss Whitehaven team is a very good team and it was a signature win for Lausanne. It's not home bias, even though I do have that. It's reality. We just don't agree. That's why they play the games .... OOPS, this is IFL, my fault ... thats why they IMAGINE the games.

Now, as is custumary when entering the hallowed halls of these D2 boards, we non-D2 supporters bow to the omnipotence that is BA and the rest of the D2 teams.

<chant> We're not worthy ... We're not worthy ... We're not Worthy ... (ad nauseam)

Edited by kwc