2017 Best Teams In The State (All Classes)

Spartan4Life

2 hours ago, kwc said:

So freaking what! To the bolded section. That's right, L beat a three loss Whitehaven team. That three loss Whitehaven team is a very good team and it was a signature win for Lausanne. It's not home bias, even though I do have that. It's reality. We just don't agree. That's why they play the games .... OOPS, this is IFL, my fault ... thats why they IMAGINE the games.

Now, as is custumary when entering the hallowed halls of these D2 boards, we non-D2 supporters bow to the omnipotence that is BA and the rest of the D2 teams.

<chant> We're not worthy ... We're not worthy ... We're not Worthy ... (ad nauseam)

I’ve read the D2 boards all year and the rhetoric you’re trying to pump yourself up with doesn’t really exist.  I don’t know anyone in D2 that would not rather be in D1 with fewer classifications than the existing 9...  There are only a handful of AAA posters here.

Having issue with anyone that thinks BA could beat Maryville is stupid. Having issue with anyone that thinks Maryville could beat BA is also stupid. Both are extremely good teams. Nationally BA has more hype this year. But, hype is only hype. 

2 hours ago, bcd said:

I’ve read the D2 boards all year and the rhetoric you’re trying to pump yourself up with doesn’t really exist.  I don’t know anyone in D2 that would not rather be in D1 with fewer classifications than the existing 9...  There are only a handful of AAA posters here.

Having issue with anyone that thinks BA could beat Maryville is stupid. Having issue with anyone that thinks Maryville could beat BA is also stupid. Both are extremely good teams. Nationally BA has more hype this year. But, hype is only hype. 

go easy on her...she doin the best she can

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, bcd said:

The rhetoric goes past just this year and it's mainly how BA is the bastion of football itself in Tennessee. This actually started last year, at the end of the year to be more exact. But, it exist non-the less. BA and MBA are end all be all in high school football in Tennessee and to question that authority will get you in hot water on this D2 board. How dare someone say that BA wouldn't dominate the lowly ole' D1 teams. How could one even think that Maryville or Oakland or 'insert D1 team of choice here' could compete ... let alone even, dare we say it? ... beat them?

Uh ohhh ... I done gone and done it. Purgatory for me for even mentioning such a thing. I must banish myself from ever returning to the boards forever for even thinking it!

Egads!

39 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Didn’t know where else to post and didn’t feel like starting a new topic, but I do want to say congratulations to Eric Gray from Lausanne who was recently named the Tennessee Gatorade football Player of the Year. A great honor for an outstanding player and young man! 

The Gatorade football Player of the Year huh? Good for him. Couldn't have happened to a better young man. The next time I see him i'm going to call him the Gatorade GOAT! I bet he turns beet red in the face. LOL.

5 hours ago, kwc said:

The rhetoric goes past just this year and it's mainly how BA is the bastion of football itself in Tennessee. This actually started last year, at the end of the year to be more exact. But, it exist non-the less. BA and MBA are end all be all in high school football in Tennessee and to question that authority will get you in hot water on this D2 board. How dare someone say that BA wouldn't dominate the lowly ole' D1 teams. How could one even think that Maryville or Oakland or 'insert D1 team of choice here' could compete ... let alone even, dare we say it? ... beat them?

Uh ohhh ... I done gone and done it. Purgatory for me for even mentioning such a thing. I must banish myself from ever returning to the boards forever for even thinking it!

Egads!

Great post you are 100 percent right as always 

7 hours ago, kwc said:

Egads!

How in the world could these little ole private schools like L in Memphis compete with these 2000 plus student high schools with all those d1 athletes and team speed . They must have 200 football players Dress out and half their second string players  are getting d1 offers 

there is just no way a school with just 360 students could possibly beat those mighty schools with 2000 students full of sec talent and offers , team speed and athletes just all over the field. 

Wait L did beat one 

This is exactly how your post sound when you act passive aggressive 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

12 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

How in the world could these little ole private schools like L in Memphis compete with these 2000 plus student high schools with all those d1 athletes and team speed . They must have 200 football players Dress out and half their second string players  are getting d1 offers 

there is just no way a school with just 360 students could possibly beat those mighty schools with 2000 students full of sec talent and offers , team speed and athletes just all over the field. 

Wait L did beat one 

Lol!

On 12/10/2017 at 0:14 PM, pepvol said:

Easy ... it's Amazing to me that not only does Maryville always get beat in these IFL games ... it's always EASY also . Funny how you never see Actual Maryville fans Claim World Dominance ... then again we're not a Private School guy whose team Avoids all the really good teams ... and we're not insecure about our accomplishments because of that . Brentwood Academy looked like a really Great Team this year ... I am one of the few Guys in the State Apparently who wouldn't mind seeing Public , Private Schools back together again . I know Maryville wouldn't win every year ... but I'd bet we'd still win our share of Titles ... Giving out 9 Gold Balls is Crazy . I guess if that Happened though we wouldn't get to hear every year from SP4Life how puny and insignificant us DI teams are . Carry on with your Vicarious Chest Thumping SP4Life . 

I have nothing to do with BA? I actually don't care for BA very much. Obviously I'm a Webb guy but in the D2-AAA I actually have close ties with Baylor. Baylor lost to BA 26-0. So no one is chest thumping. I am just as much pro-east tennessee as I am pro-d2. So your'e very off base but that's not surprising.

I just call it how I see it. BA was by far the best team in the state this year. I don't love that, but it's true. They played the toughest schedule int he state and went undefeated and Destroyed the 5A state champ who the 6A champ barley squeezed by. BA is the best this year, I know the truth hurts. I'd rather it have been Baylor or Webb but it wasn't. Facts are facts. 

Here's what doesn't make any sense. If the D2 schools are so over hyped and not very good than why did the PUBLIC's kick them out into their own divisions? We D2 schools would love to play in the same classifications as everyone else. It would make scheduling easier and instantly create some great rivalries. Yes you would see privates win more often than you might like but at least everyone would play everyone.  

Knoxville Catholic was a top 10 team this year and easily won 5A...easily. Had Knoxville Catholic been in D2-AAA they would have not come even close to winning a gold ball. That's a fact. BA went to Knoxville and absolutely embarrassed them and all their D1 commits on their home field. 50-14 is called an entirely different level. Catholic was very very good. But BA was great and has been the past three years. Hints why very few teams in Tennessee will schedule them.  

You guys are right we will never actually know but please tell me how you can look at BA and Maryville and come up with Maryville being the better team? 

Common Opponents

Catholic at Maryville (49-42 Win for Maryville at home in the last minute of the game)

Brentwood Academy at Catholic (50-14 Win for the visiting Eagles who had one of their easiest wins of the year)  

Edge: BA

Scheduling 

Maryville goes 14-1 with their lone loss to Oakland being avenged in the State Semifinals. Oakland is a very fine program themselves and a top 4 team in the state. So a really good win. The next best win on Maryville's schedule was 5A State Champ Catholic followed by Alcoa Farragut and Fulton.  

BA goes undefeated while beating Texas Powerhouse Bishop Dunne, mercy ruling two good 5A schools Knoxville Catholic and Hillsboro. And then running through really good Ensworth, MBA, McCallie, MUS, Baylor, etc.

While Maryville deserves credit for scheduling the best East Tenn had to offer this year and beating all of them, none of those schools compare to a top Texas program. You'd have a tough time arguing that Alcoa, Farragut and Fulton would be considered tougher games than Ensworth, MBA and McCallie.    

According to MX Preps BA had the toughest schedule in the State this year followed by MBA, McCallie and then Maryville. 

Athletes

BA is full of D1 Power 5 Talent. Multiple 4 and 3 Star Guys. While Maryville has some D1 talent themselves most of those guys are getting non power five offers/FCS offers. 

Final Analysis

Maryville is very very good. The best in D1 and probably the second best team in the state. No doubt every year Maryville is a top 5 team (all classifications) and has one of the greatest traditions in the State and the Country. However, this year BA was just on another level. The proof is in the common opponent, strength of schedule, and caliber of athletes. Maryville would not get blown out because they are Maryville but I don't see how any could argue in the state of Tennessee that their is a school that could or would have beat BA this year. I would love to see the argument made if that is the case. 

Once again I like Maryville and once again I am not a BA fan. It's just obvious this year more than most of who the best team is the state was. Just ask the folks at Knoxville Catholic.  

Edited by Spartan4Life

14 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

Wait L did beat one 

You just keep doubting L. Your assumption that L's enrollement size is directly corolated to what coach Locastro has assembled as a team is your biggest error. One has nothing to do with the other. I understand the erroneous thinking though. It's understandable. L has plenty of D1 players from linemen to skill position. Kinda like Ensworth was back in the day, except, they play in a smaller classification. 

All things being equal ... next year, barring any unforseen season ending injury to the Gatorade GOAT, L three peats. Next Year when Whitehaven invades east Memphis for the return game ... it will be a war, once again.

Pretty nice psycho analysis you got going. Doesn't change the fact that not everybody is in agreement. So, now i'm being passive aggressive. OK, so be it all wise one!

... again ...

We're not woooooooooorthy! as we bow to Mt. Olympus praying that we don't get struck down by mighty Zeus himself. Such blasphemy is intolerable.Let me correct myself.

All hail the omnipotent BA! ... All Hail D2!

That should supplicate the all mighty ones.