Former Trezevant coach Teli White fired

ReitzFan

38 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

omg marion should be made champ 2015 AND 2016. its INARGUABLE. 

LMBO, they can't do that because there is no way of knowing if Trinity Christian in 2015 and Waverly in 2016 would have beaten Marion if they had the chance. Take it back to 2014 when Trezevant was runner up in 4A. Do you give the silver ball to someone else? Who gets it? That's what I'm saying. It would just be vacated if that is the case. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Thanks Southtowner.. That was a lot of reading. So correct me if I'm wrong. Most of the kids with invalid diplomas were not football players? Coach White did not falsify the enrollment numbers? I read something about a 2.2 GPA. Does that matter? There is probably no way of ever knowing who got what grades. If any kid that graduated is currently in college then they passed the HS exit exams, passed admissions and college entrance exams. What a mess. 

From what I read if  the players didn’t have higher than 2.2 they weren’t eligible to play football per NCAA rules

I honestly think this happens more than we know on a national level. this instance wasn’t covered up very well.  I mean I read a apology letter from Michael Vick when all of that was going on and it was barely legible. Are you  telling me michael vick graduated high school went to college how many years and couldn’t write a legible apology letter ? 

This may not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe that Trezevant's titles should be vacated. From what I can tell, the grade changing only had an impact on future NCAA eligibility, and not TSSAA eligibility. As long as all of the participants on the squads were truly TSSAA eligible (and the report reads as if this is true), then their bases should be covered in that regard. That doesn't make it right, but it doesn't invalidate their championships. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

From what I read if  the players didn’t have higher than 2.2 they weren’t eligible to play football per NCAA rules

Ok yes, I see what you're saying on the college front. As for being eligible for HS sports though the 2.2 wouldn't matter.. correct?

Edited by TheAmbassador

52 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

This may not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe that Trezevant's titles should be vacated. From what I can tell, the grade changing only had an impact on future NCAA eligibility, and not TSSAA eligibility. As long as all of the participants on the squads were truly TSSAA eligible (and the report reads as if this is true), then their bases should be covered in that regard. That doesn't make it right, but it doesn't invalidate their championships. 

I will have to agree with you. After reading it again it seems as though grades were changed to get them eligible for college. A kid can make a C in every single subject all the way through school and still not be college eligible. However that kid would still be eligible by TSSAA standards. 

On 12/6/2017 at 1:27 AM, Tide21 said:

Wow I just read principals resignation letter and it basically said in one part that 5 of 6 top athletes gpa was 2.2 or lower and that their enrollment numbers were falsified to tssaa by teli and they should have actually been playing 4a football. He reported enrollment as 400 when it was actually like 650 . I guess if the accusations in the resignation letters are true. 

Seymour got away with the same thing for years