TSSAA Agenda Item - Unsportsmanlike Conduct

RedStateReject

2 hours ago, moonie said:

Absolutely the dumbest thing ever!!!!!!! Have to put a ankle bracelet on them to make sure they don’t enter the stadium.  How in the world does this get INFORCED??????LOL

There many other things to do to help sports in Tennessee than worry about a fan ejection. 

Coach...I'm glad they didn't have something like this idea, back when I was practicing my penmanship on a certain school's new wood plank seats...haha 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:35 AM, RedStateReject said:

Saw this on the legislative agenda for the TSSAA. 

1. Proposed Addition to Article III, Section 10 (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) of the TSSAA/TMSAA Bylaws:
    If a fan is ejected from an athletic contest, the school will be given a choice of removing the fan for a minimum of the next two contests or fined $500.00 and face further disciplinary action. If a fan is ejected from an athletic contest, and the fan is a relative of a student-athlete participating in the contest, the school will be given a choice of removing the student-athlete and the fan for a minimum of the next two contests or fined $500.00 and face further disciplinary action.
    Rationale:The TSSAA and its member schools believe strongly that the major purpose of athletics is to be a part of the total educational program. A major part of this purpose is to stress to coaches, players, officials, and fans the vital importance of sportsmanship. It is critical that everyone in each of these categories understand the major role model that they can be for others. Recognizing this principle, unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of these groups cannot be accepted. (Submitted by the TSSAA staff)

I am all in favor of the first part, but the second stipulation of suspending a student-athlete for the conduct of a relative who has been ejected from a game does seem to go to far. What say you Coach T Nation?

Hypothetically, let's say a parent shouts at the referee and is tossed. This mother has a son on the team, as well as a nephew, two cousins, and a brother-in-law that coaches. Who all is ejected? If it's determined all of them are ejected, can the team pay the fine for the players at that moment and have them remain eligible? What happens if it's investigated and determined that the fan was wrongfully ejected? What if the fan has no ties to either school? This seems like a terrible solution.

17 hours ago, Southtowner said:

So,  if I'm related to someone on the Jasper team, I can get myself kicked out and get them kicked out also?  Hmmm.  :popcorneater:

Would this ejection carry over to the next game also?  

Edit:   Alright,  I see that it is a 2 game suspension.   Ennuristin'.

ST if you get one of our boys kicked out of a game Grider will be real mad at you.  This rule this Childress man had made is real dumb.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

ST if you get one of our boys kicked out of a game Grider will be real mad at you.  This rule this Childress man had made is real dumb.  You think im joking but im not. 

I'm gonna have to quit standing down by the wall & following Griders ball up & down the field and yelling at the white hat. I need to get one of those members only seats like you got.

16 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Someone could pay some people to dress up in  <INSERT BIG RIVAL'S NAME HERE>  colors with custom made T-shirts with certain players numbers on them. They could go to the game the week before the rival game and act a fool! TSSAA needs to think about this one.

You're giving a lot of folks some ideas....lmao

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, moonie said:

Absolutely the dumbest thing ever!!!!!!! Have to put a ankle bracelet on them to make sure they don’t enter the stadium.  How in the world does this get INFORCED??????LOL

There many other things to do to help sports in Tennessee than worry about a fan ejection. 

Take your mug shot when your ejected and post it on the Ticket Booth wall like they used to do at the post office....lol

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:33 AM, cherokean said:

Guessing this item is somewhat a direct result of what occurred at a Pickett Co. football game this season.  A $500 fine that's double the fine for first incident coach ejection...IMO, boo on T$$AA for another possible money grab.  

I suspect you are correct about the money grab. The T$$AA doesn't care about much else.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, RedStateReject said:

Saw this on the legislative agenda for the TSSAA. 

1. Proposed Addition to Article III, Section 10 (Unsportsmanlike Conduct) of the TSSAA/TMSAA Bylaws:
    If a fan is ejected from an athletic contest, the school will be given a choice of removing the fan for a minimum of the next two contests or fined $500.00 and face further disciplinary action. If a fan is ejected from an athletic contest, and the fan is a relative of a student-athlete participating in the contest, the school will be given a choice of removing the student-athlete and the fan for a minimum of the next two contests or fined $500.00 and face further disciplinary action.
    Rationale:The TSSAA and its member schools believe strongly that the major purpose of athletics is to be a part of the total educational program. A major part of this purpose is to stress to coaches, players, officials, and fans the vital importance of sportsmanship. It is critical that everyone in each of these categories understand the major role model that they can be for others. Recognizing this principle, unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of these groups cannot be accepted. (Submitted by the TSSAA staff)

I am all in favor of the first part, but the second stipulation of suspending a student-athlete for the conduct of a relative who has been ejected from a game does seem to go to far. What say you Coach T Nation?

Sounds like a solution hunting for a problem. But if it's a moneymaker for the T$$AA it will probably pass.