How about this playoff plan??

FridayMainEvent

The current system would be used up till the semi-finals.   At that point, we could adopt this new system.   Keep in mind the selected media members would have no affiliation to a specific team or region:

It would be interesting to develop some type of formula to rank the  Semi-final teams at the end of the season.   This would involve elements such as Strength of schedule, region finish, home and away wins etc..   Combine this formula with a very specific number of media members recognized for their Statewide coverage to rank the final four teams.   Poll the selected media members for the 1-4 rankings and then combine that with the computer rankings and set the matchups.   One vs. Four and Two vs. Three for the semi-finals.   Top ranked team hosts (one and two).   Then have a legit title game in Cookeville for each class.  

This would be inline with our current College Football Championship.

The upside to this plan is the four semi-finalist had to play their way into the Title game so they can't be "left out" like the college version. 

The benefit would be season's when one side of the State is much stronger than the other side, you'd have an avenue to get the actual two best teams to the title game.   I think you guys are overlooking that.   There are a few media outlets that don't claim a team and cover the whole state.   Murphy Fair and Donovan Stewart are two examples.   Granted, Donovan is from Jasper, but I think he'd be unbiased in the fact he communicates with every Coach Statewide as does Murphy.  

1 hour ago, FreeAgent11 said:

The benefit would be season's when one side of the State is much stronger than the other side, you'd have an avenue to get the actual two best teams to the title game.   I think you guys are overlooking that.   There are a few media outlets that don't claim a team and cover the whole state.   Murphy Fair and Donovan Stewart are two examples.   Granted, Donovan is from Jasper, but I think he'd be unbiased in the fact he communicates with every Coach Statewide as does Murphy.  

Murphy is a Pitt fan,Always down there eating--- and talking to Roy and Grider. (first part is a fact ladder is a joke)

Edited by orngnblk

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, orngnblk said:

Murphy is a Pitt fan,Always down there eating--- and talking to Roy and Grider. (first part is a fact ladder is a joke)

I talked to Coaches all over the State every week during the season.   I've interviewed Coaches from all classes and all over the State just as those guys have.    I think they'd love to see the "best" possible title game just as I would.    I'm just saying you would need folks that have a heartbeat on the whole State, not just their coverage area.   That's why the AP polls are such a freaking mess.   The writers vote their local teams too high and don't put in the work to see what's happening Statewide.   There were numerous examples all season of teams being ranked lower than teams they beat head to head and in some extreme cases even had a better record.   The AP poll is the biggest joke around.

Edited by FreeAgent11

30 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I talked to Coaches all over the State every week during the season.   I've interviewed Coaches from all classes and all over the State just as those guys have.    I think they'd love to see the "best" possible title game just as I would.    I'm just saying you would need folks that have a heartbeat on the whole State, not just their coverage area.   That's why the AP polls are such a freaking mess.   The writers vote their local teams too high and don't put in the work to see what's happening Statewide.   There were numerous examples all season of teams being ranked lower than teams they beat head to head and in some extreme cases even had a better record.   The AP poll is the biggest joke around.

Okay well answer me this then.Cornersville beat the number one ranked team in Huntington then they beat Lake County Greenback took out Coafield who was ranked higher than them then they took out South Pittsburg who was ranked number 1.who else would you have had in the championship game this year Cornersville deserved to be there they beat the toughest teams on that side of the state supposedly.Greenback did their job by beating the best teams on this side of the state so answer that question.also Maryville beat Oakdale who beat them earlier in the season in my opinion those were the two best teams but Maryville did win and of course Alcoa is Alcoa,Greenville was by far the best team in the state so you tell me who should have been there I think it was pretty spot-on this year myself.

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Okay well answer me this then.Cornersville beat the number one ranked team in Huntington then they beat Lake County Greenback took out Coafield who was ranked higher than them then they took out South Pittsburg who was ranked number 1.who else would you have had in the championship game this year Cornersville deserved to be there they beat the toughest teams on that side of the state supposedly.Greenback did their job by beating the best teams on this side of the state so answer that question.also Maryville beat Oakdale who beat them earlier in the season in my opinion those were the two best teams but Maryville did win and of course Alcoa is Alcoa,Greenville was by far the best team in the state so you tell me who should have been there I think it was pretty spot-on this year myself.

At the Semi final mark I would of had 1. South Pittsburg #2 Greenback #3 Cornersville #4 Lake County

South Pittsburg would of played Lake County and Greenback would of played Cornersville.  South Pitt and Greenback would of hosted.  

That my friend is the only real issue with this idea.   In order to get the best two teams in, the two lower seeds would of had an extremely long trip.   But, I think they would of made only one trip, because I think the #1 and #2 would of won and played in the title.