Upperman Football

topnight

I think Cain will abandon the wing t, but also not keep the full spread of Uppermans past. I say he goes with a single back shotgun offense with a TE, similar to the pread but with just three wideouts. Hearing the U is very big one OL and DL this year and pretty good athletic talent on the outside. Could be a great year for the like 2015, not so sure they will be back to the 2013 form in Cain's first year. 

theres a very above average chance the Bees will have elevated numbers in the W column over the next couple years......your new coach was able to muster enuff plan and energy to have one great run down in the North Squatchy Valley before the well went dry.....it is yet to be seen if he can build a winning program or just another once every 10 - 15 year dominent team....in the right place, Booger thinkin he can....

..he may not have a indoor practice place when the rain falls up in Baxter....and he sure ant got no turf, stadium and friday crowd like they got down off Gary Rankin Avenue in Dunlop.....but he will have lots more kids and more athletes than most if not all in that region up on that plateau......he lost to coach Herron and the Baxter Bees more than he defeated them while at Dunlop.....was it because of coachin or resources....the Bee family will soon find out

.....Booger tell you one thing.....Booger just may have to come observe that game in October, since the Irish have a rest night....

..Booger tell u another thing....that private hatin Lane feller and his lil deer skin loin cloth wearin, teepee dwellin injun sidekick from the Valley will b wound tite for that game

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

theres a very above average chance the Bees will have elevated numbers in the W column over the next couple years......your new coach was able to muster enuff plan and energy to have one great run down in the North Squatchy Valley before the well went dry.....it is yet to be seen if he can build a winning program or just another once every 10 - 15 year dominent team....in the right place, Booger thinkin he can....

..he may not have a indoor practice place when the rain falls up in Baxter....and he sure ant got no turf, stadium and friday crowd like they got down off Gary Rankin Avenue in Dunlop.....but he will have lots more kids and more athletes than most if not all in that region up on that plateau......he lost to coach Herron and the Baxter Bees more than he defeated them while at Dunlop.....was it because of coachin or resources....the Bee family will soon find out

.....Booger tell you one thing.....Booger just may have to come observe that game in October, since the Irish have a rest night....

..Booger tell u another thing....that private hatin Lane feller and his lil deer skin loin cloth wearin, teepee dwellin injun sidekick from the Valley will b wound tite for that game

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I think Upperman has had better athletes over the years Cain was down south. However his team always came to play ball. Hard players on every play. I think with the group they have at Upperman now and if he can instill that into Upperman Athletes then they should have no problem winning region and moving into the playoffs. I know they are starting a new QB this year and moved the one from the past couple years to receiver. Have not heard or seen if that is working out or not. Will be interesting to see if the players take to the new coach and program or not. 

5 hours ago, putnamcountyfan said:

I think Upperman has had better athletes over the years Cain was down south. However his team always came to play ball. Hard players on every play. I think with the group they have at Upperman now and if he can instill that into Upperman Athletes then they should have no problem winning region and moving into the playoffs. I know they are starting a new QB this year and moved the one from the past couple years to receiver. Have not heard or seen if that is working out or not. Will be interesting to see if the players take to the new coach and program or not. 

The QB started the back half of last season going 3-2 as a Sophomore.  They beat Macon and Squatch, two games that were toss ups at best or Upperman was a true under dog.  Even in the two losses, they averaged 26 points, so offense wasn't necessarily an issue.  I'd say he's probably part of the reason Caine made the move and certainly the reason he won't run the double wing.  Spring game is tomorrow, will be interesting to see what they look like.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, YAIDAD said:

What offense did they run in the spring game?  How did they look.  York didn’t do a spring game to my knowledge I was hoping to see how they looked, but didn’t get the chance. 

They had a three team scrimmage with Kingston and Watertown.  Defense has switched to a three man front and gave up one TD on the day.  The good thing was, even with the new scheme, the D was in good position all day.  On the TD, the guy had about 5" on the DB and made a play, it happens.  Otherwise, defense played well.  Offense scored each time they had the ball.  The highlights were two 50+ yd TD pass plays and a great read by the QB on a 25 yd TD run. Primary offensive formation was shotgun QB, single back, two wide and a single tight end with a back right behind him in a stack.  Skill positions look to be fine.  The offensive line has good size, but has some work to do.  This team will go as far as the OL can carry them.  If they can clean some things up, it'll be the difference between a decent season and a pretty good one.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:11 AM, VictoryFormation said:

They had a three team scrimmage with Kingston and Watertown.  Defense has switched to a three man front and gave up one TD on the day.  The good thing was, even with the new scheme, the D was in good position all day.  On the TD, the guy had about 5" on the DB and made a play, it happens.  Otherwise, defense played well.  Offense scored each time they had the ball.  The highlights were two 50+ yd TD pass plays and a great read by the QB on a 25 yd TD run. Primary offensive formation was shotgun QB, single back, two wide and a single tight end with a back right behind him in a stack.  Skill positions look to be fine.  The offensive line has good size, but has some work to do.  This team will go as far as the OL can carry them.  If they can clean some things up, it'll be the difference between a decent season and a pretty good one.

How did Watertown look? How did y’all compare to them?