Keegan Jones commits to Navy

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, ocac said:

Malcolm Perry from Kenwood went the USNA Prep School route and it has obviously helped him.  Not sure if any negativity was gained thru his experience.

Yes, Malcolm was there when my son was also.  Malcolm is a great kid and is very talented.  Navy had several TN kids sign that year.  I remember 3 from the same highschool (Blackman maybe?) and they all left before the year was over and I know Malcolm and the Pittman kid have done well.  The experience was not all bad, I just feel that the Naval Academy could do a better job with NAPS. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

Just seen an article that Keegan is no longer with Navy. Change of heart or something? 

The candidates reported for Beast Training (equivalent to boot camp) at West Point, Annapolis, and the USAF in late June.  Unfortunately, many drop out during that period and decide that the Academy is not for them.  

FYI, those who accept appointment to either of the three Academies have until they begin classes for their third years to decide that it's not for them and can withdraw with no further commitment.  But once they attend their first class in their third years then they are bound to the military commitment after graduation.   

29 minutes ago, dimples said:

I heard that hes changed his mind! And is going to College instead...i pray his journey will be great .which ever road he chooses. 

Going to "college" instead of what?  The USNA, along with the USMA and the USAFA are among the highest rated "colleges" in America.  In fact, Forbes Magazine rates the three the top three public colleges in the country.  There is no better education in this country than at the United States Service Academies.  

Edited by HTV

21 minutes ago, HTV said:

Going to "college" instead of what?  The USNA, along with the USMA and the USAFA are among the highest rated "colleges" in America.  In fact, Forbes Magazine rates the three the top three public colleges in the country.  

Agreed, and he certainly has the academics to make it in any of these institutions but perhaps the lure of playing for someone like Chip Kelly or Jim Harbaugh has caused him to reconsider...