Catholic Kid going to GA

Bravey

On 12/29/2017 at 8:50 AM, thegreatwhite1 said:

Hahahaha my oh my how delusional you East TN football experts are. Bullied his way all the way to Mr. Football and the highest rated  football prospect in the state?! Get over the butt hurt of being scorned gentlemen. I'm sure you're all fine fellows, but there was no shade being tossed his way when he was going to be a Vawl. 

Like I said greatwhite ..I could care less who he plays for .. didnt hurt me a bit when he decommitted .. glad I dont have to watch  ... evidently you arent too familier with this board  I  and others have been tossing shade  or commenting on his immaturity and how many penalties he got from holding to unsportsmanlike's for 4 years ... he has never grown up period .. and he wont as long as excuses are made .. i saw him play 7 or 8 games and it was the same thing each game .. he got constantly beat by smaller DE's .. from Maryville, OR , Fulton  .. etc ... he and his Pop are real characters I tell ya .... he gets in front of camera's and talks about God and being led to sign with GA  ... and then does things in video that tell me he needs to spend some more time searching out for other parts of his life .. none of us are perfect but we arent out there front and center talking it and not walking it .... good luck to him .. my hope is that he finally starts to act with some class .. maybe being away from his boosters will help ... and he gets slapped around a few times at GA ... 

16 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I had never really knew of him until he said before the MARYVILLE - kc game that all the MARYVILLE fans were coming to see him... lmao . We did see him. We saw hurt his team and show his a $ $.  Glad he decommitted.

Seen many other players on many other teams much more impressive with less "talent"

IMO 55 is the offensive lineman on the Catholic team with the most potential to have success in college football.  He has the size, athleticism, and football smarts to be special when all is said and done.   

And he doesn't act like a prima donna either on or off of the football field.  

Be interesting to watch how he continues to develop as a high school player the next two years. 

6 hours ago, Booger said:

do have to admit that he never had a dominatin show against Irish south...think his bro is a better performer.....but he is huge, has pedigree attached to him and has potential.....wishin the young man nuthin but success, as Booger would any other young man

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Good post coach!

On 12/29/2017 at 3:18 PM, HTV said:

There are more of those "seventh grade redshirts" around than most realize.  

In the past couple of years I've seen kids playing their senior year I thought were to old to be out on the field with 14 and 15 year old's but I'm not really familiar with those rules but I'm sure you would be the right person to ask that question to.

50 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In the past couple of years I've seen kids playing their senior year I thought were to old to be out on the field with 14 and 15 year old's but I'm not really familiar with those rules but I'm sure you would be the right person to ask that question to.

A student isn't eligible to play high school sports in Tennessee if they are 19 before August 1 of their senior year.  

The "seventh grade redshirt" thing has actually changed in the last couple of years.  In the "old days", a student who was held back in grades 8-12 lost a year of eligibility so a lot of parents chose to have their kids repeat the 7th grade, but now that has been rewritten to include the 7th and 8th grades, so any "redshirting" would have to be in the 6th grade or before.  

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Hey ONB! I forgot to congratulate you on that Greenback state title! Awesome season for the Cherokee's, and I bet you are beyond proud of those guys. I 'bout got choked up myself when they interviewed Greenback's coach after the game. Congrats buddy.

Thx SS!Yes very proud.They are a great group of young men.I love the fact most the coaches were players also.We return most all so we will see if we can get them back there.