Catholic Kid going to GA

Bravey

I've watched this kid for 4 years. He has unlimited potential given his size, technique and mental approach. I have no doubt he will be successful at Georgia baring injury and should be playing on Sundays at some point. I would have loved to see him in orange considering I'm a former Vol athlete. The thought of Cade and Trey lined up beside each other would have been scary. I can't fault him for going to play on a program that is contending for championships with a proven OL coach in Sam Pittman. He silently decommitted from UT much earlier than it was announced publicly. It's not like Butch's firing led to him changing his mind. Yes, he has been a penalty machine but many of those penalties are bogus. His reputation proceeds him and many of the same things other players do draw flags in his case. He plays with a mean streak that will serve him well at the next level. His philosophy has always been to play through the echo of the whistle which certainly results in most of his unsportsmanlike penalties. He has all the physical tools you could want and was smart enough to be the first Catholic player ever to graduate early.

#55 Tucker has the potential to be a special player also. He's not as strong as Cade but he's also just finishing his soph. year. Cade is very athletic for his size and is more agile than Tucker right now. Cooper Mays has better technique than Cade had especially at that age. You can look at the offers the three of them are getting and tell they are special talents. They have all three shown out at camps with other prospects their size.

Was Cade a perfect prospect? No. He had way too many penalties and cost his team probably 500+ yards this year if you take into account plays that were negated by the flags.  I think it was a mixture of immaturity, lack of discipline and environment. But he has a lot of intangibles that you can't coach. I hope that the coaches at GA can rein him in and the sky will be the limit.

10 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Was Cade a perfect prospect? No. He had way too many penalties and cost his team probably 500+ yards this year if you take into account plays that were negated by the flags.  I think it was a mixture of immaturity, lack of discipline and environment. But he has a lot of intangibles that you can't coach. I hope that the coaches at GA can rein him in and the sky will be the limit.

Well said.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:11 AM, HTV said:

A student isn't eligible to play high school sports in Tennessee if they are 19 before August 1 of their senior year.  

The "seventh grade redshirt" thing has actually changed in the last couple of years.  In the "old days", a student who was held back in grades 8-12 lost a year of eligibility so a lot of parents chose to have their kids repeat the 7th grade, but now that has been rewritten to include the 7th and 8th grades, so any "redshirting" would have to be in the 6th grade or before.  

Not true, there are a number of 8th graders who "redshirted" this year and will be eligible to participate as Freshman next year.

3 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Not true, there are a number of 8th graders who "redshirted" this year and will be eligible to participate as Freshman next year.

If they were held back they WILL NOT be eligible,TSSAA rule.So your saying they are breaking the rules???HMMM..

Screenshot_20180104-033836.png

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, HTV said:

You can cite that all you want, but I promise you there will be kids all over the state next year competing as Freshman who are essentially repeating 8th grade this year. Personally I'm okay with it as long as their age falls within the rules and there's no doubt that will occur across all sports not just football.

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

You can cite that all you want, but I promise you there will be kids all over the state next year competing as Freshman who are essentially repeating 8th grade this year. Personally I'm okay with it as long as their age falls within the rules and there's no doubt that will occur across all sports not just football.

They will be eligible because they are breaking the rules and no one is holding them, the coach and school accountable. 

5 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

It's right there in black and white.  Deny all you want, but that is the TSSAA rule.  The folks at Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville can attest that the rule is, in fact, real.  

Edited by HTV

If you repeat the 7th or 8th grade and do not participate in sports at the school you are repeating the grade you will be eligible to participate in High School. In Knox County it's done every year. For example an 8th grader at Fulton repeats 8th grade by attending Grace. They play for Knox County rec league then there's no violation. The only way they lose eligibility is by playing for Grace during the repeat year. Go read section 7 on page 13 again and read the follow up on page 53.