Johnny Drennan `85 Memorial

WrestlingGod

23 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I remember when Turbo Smith got kicked off the team at Soddy Daisy right before the state tourney a few years ago. That kid was an absolute stud. I’m not sure what he did but it had to be bad

One of the best rivalries I've seen on the mat. My cousin Brad against Turbo. Would have sworn Turbo would have won state after Brad graduated.

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

I remember when Turbo Smith got kicked off the team at Soddy Daisy right before the state tourney a few years ago. That kid was an absolute stud. I’m not sure what he did but it had to be bad

For turbo there wasn’t a huge choice although they could have easily appealed and he would have been able to wrestle until his appeal was heard which would have been after the state duals. But Higgins did kick off former state champ Jonah Smith also and that was due to attitude problems.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2013/feb/02/three-trojans-sent-home-from-state-duals/98668/

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

If I remember correctly, Turbo, along with a couple other Soddy wrestlers, had the cops called on them at the hotel the night before and the cops found some grass.  Causing Turbo and I believe 2 others to be kicked off the team. I wanna say the others were jv guys but regardless, they made a big mistake and paid for it. I remember Jonah’s ordeal as well. Super talented kid, couldn’t learn how to be mature. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bump11 said:

If I remember correctly, Turbo, along with a couple other Soddy wrestlers, had the cops called on them at the hotel the night before and the cops found some grass.  Causing Turbo and I believe 2 others to be kicked off the team. I wanna say the others were jv guys but regardless, they made a big mistake and paid for it. I remember Jonah’s ordeal as well. Super talented kid, couldn’t learn how to be mature. 

Would this coach have been Coach Steve Henry that did this?

Coach Henry was always about doing what was right.  A great man.  He is missed in the wrestling circle; however, he transferred to Administration to make a bigger impact on young students lives.

Edited by facenthecrowd

13 minutes ago, facenthecrowd said:

Would this coach have been Coach Steve Henry that did this?

Coach Henry was always about doing what was right.  A great man.  He is missed in the wrestling circle; however, he transferred to Administration to make a bigger impact on young students lives.

I think so. I think it was the year he stepped down. Turbo’s junior year. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bump11 said:

I think so. I think it was the year he stepped down. Turbo’s junior year. 

Higgins first year as coach and he kicked off Jonah, turbo and two others. So it can be done and sometimes needs to be done 

yes this kid prob needs wrestling more than wrestling needs him, however considering the fact this wrestler has been allowed to do this so many times and still has not learned his lessson maybe the lesson he needs to learn is that he needs wrestling more than wrestling needs him while he sits in the stands and watches it the rest of his senior year. Maybe that would be the point he sees that he needs to learn to control himself and that the crap he is doing wouldn’t be allowed outside in the real world or he would be out of a job or even in jail! Sadly I don’t think Ben is doing him any favors and I have seen wrestlers like this one come and go through the years. 

Edited by cobrakid8
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2018 at 2:46 PM, BuckLateral said:

Bear Kittie, yes, I am out on parole thanks to an early Christmas gift by the Board of Pardons and Paroles. Don’t know about Mosely. Neither he nor his wife visited me behind bars.

I think EFT finished 15 out of the 41 teams, with the Holloway kid winning his weight class. The results of the tournament are posted on Trackwrestling.com.

If I can figure a way to get this ankle bracelet that limits me to Davidson County off, I hope to make it down to Nooga on Sunday, the 21st, for the matchup between EFT a/k/a Gods Team a/k/a TRGI and TFPI a/k/a The Purple Team from Nashville. I understand they plan to attend Mass together before they beat each other up........nice to see a return to old Irish Catholic traditions. 

TFPI and TMBA appear to be in rebuilding years up here. From what I have seen in the Nooga fish wrap, it looks like your second favorite team , the one that recruited your son so heavily years ago, TBSFBAG , may be lagging behind the EBE this year.   We could be looking at an EBE v. The Purple Bros. from Memphis duals and  EBE might be the early favorite for the Traditional State as well. 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, usetobebcbiii said:

Hello Uncle,

Glad to hear about the early release, next time you pay 200 bucks for a Porsche might want to do a little background check on the seller.

I assume that my Nashville girlfriend is still married, she has such a kind heart.

i haven't seen a rasslin match in awhile and was hoping to get on the board and be inspired, but........it seems that the Characters are far gone.. I was truly blessed to be a small part of an incredible time in Coacht.

I am now selling land at Jasper Highlands and working most weekends, but i hope to come celebrate an old tradition that is way past due.  Lunch will be on me,,,Cocktails on you....

Go Irish

bcb iii aka the smart guy

Congrats to the Holloway lad..

yep...its definately gonna b a good weekend of wrestlin...gonna b cool havin Catholic Center and Catholic North visitin Vermont Avenue at same time inside the Mullin room.....been nice to add Catholic west to the massin ...its also Alumni night at ND

sum great matches last night with the Yuppies next door and St Elmo Christian on deck

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger
  • Upvote 1