Westmoreland' s New Girls Coach

EagleForLife

What are yalls thoughts on Westmoreland's new girls coach? I haven't heard anything good about him and from the game I watched the other night I didn't see anything good either.  The talk in the stands wasn't very positive towards him either.  I'm going to the game tonight since it's close. I hope to see an improvement.

22 hours ago, EagleForLife said:

What are yalls thoughts on Westmoreland's new girls coach? I haven't heard anything good about him and from the game I watched the other night I didn't see anything good either.  The talk in the stands wasn't very positive towards him either.  I'm going to the game tonight since it's close. I hope to see an improvement.

He is a homer. He will be fine. He and Abner have different coaching styles for  sure, but no crime in that. Talent level seems down to me, but I have only seen them twice.

There are too many parents with kids on the team that are unhappy with his "style". It's ok to have your own style, but if it's not working and your team isn't happy then maybe you should try something different. And to say basketball is all about your guards? Hmmm...not sure where he got that from. Oh yea, he was a guard. He is young and arrogant and has a few things to learn in my opinion.  I wish Abner had taught him a few things before she left. And it's not that the talent is down..it's that he won't give everyone a chance. There are girls on that bench that I would put up against half the ones he plays all the time, but no one gets to see them play. Heck, he don't even let the whole team participate in practice...now what kind of coach does that? I had high hopes for him at first, but that's long gone unless things changes.

Sounds like eagleforlife wants the job. I suggest going to the coach and voicing your concerns if your daughter is on the team. You may not get the results you would like but it is better than airing your grievances on a public message board. Your original post followed by your second shows you were hoping others would agree with you.

I wasn't HOPING others would agree with me, I KNOW others agree with me. However I was just wanting to get a broader perspective of what outsiders were seeing. I personally do not have a child on the team but know several that do. I just hate to see a team with potential not live up to it because of an arrogant coach. 

How has the coach been arrogant? What have you personally heard him say? What have you personally witnessed him do? What would you do differently to make the whole situation better.

If there is talent there, where is that talent headed to college. I would assume girls would be getting looks if they could play.

Where is the postman when you need him.

I have seen Westmoreland girls play every year since Stacia Blackwell Dean was coach and all through the Stivers-Abner era. I have absolutely no dog in this hunt and I can tell you this year's team is not as talented as years past. It is what it is.

Your best "post" is about 5'3". She plays really hard and fouls a lot, but she is still short. The taller girl is no threat to score. Guards do not shoot near as well as past years. The team as a whole is undersized quite a bit. They still play hard but the ball pressure is not the same as in the past.

I have no idea what your local boy coach is like on a daily basis. Maybe he is arrogant, maybe not. He didn't give that impression the two games I saw. I DO know that he is a homer in a small town and that goes a long way.

Fan 15, you hit the nail on the head.