Why doesn't Van Buren.Co have football?

There is a school in Illinois a small Private school where in the High School it has 100 boys give or take 15.Low 200 enrollment.It is required that each boy play a sport as part of their P.E. requirement.They offer soccer & football, golf so they always have about 40 or so out for football.They have it to where some do both.I think it's pretty neat

Greenback High School                                                234  2017 A State Champs

Van Buren County High School                               224

Lookout Valley High School                                         172

Coalfield High School                                                    180

Oakdale High School                                                     183

Sunbright High School                                                  183

Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central High School              184

Red Boiling Springs High School                                 204

Lake Co. High School                                                    223

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

I e-mailed the A.D. who was nice enough to respond.Here is what he wrote & the Co-Op I didn't know about.What I've always been told is that it's an expense thing. We have no field, no facilities, etc. I have no idea how much that would cost but I'm guessing it's very expensive. Our kids do have the option of playing with White County if they choose. 

16 hours ago, Hadmatter said:

I e-mailed the A.D. who was nice enough to respond.Here is what he wrote & the Co-Op I didn't know about.What I've always been told is that it's an expense thing. We have no field, no facilities, etc. I have no idea how much that would cost but I'm guessing it's very expensive. Our kids do have the option of playing with White County if they choose. 

What the ad replied is what the folks have said for yrs.they do have some good athletes from time to time

I'll have to ask that this topic get canned.I have greatly upset the AD at Van Buren.Co High for sharing his view in what was a innocent and curious topic.I also upset the great people at Van Buren County High who are a asset to White County High School Football who play a prominent role in the high school football playoffs on a yearly basis.Again my deepest apologies and I'm imposing a 1 year Coach T banishment on myself including no postseason much like White County Football experiences on a almost yearly basis.

Someone in the county needs to take the lead and start a fund raising campaign to field a team and get facilities. . Start out with a Jr High team for 2 years. Even if in the first few years you play all away games. Then in the third year when the first class gets to High School, get other interested students to join and play a Junior Varsity schedule. By year 4, program should be able to play a full regular TSSAA schedule. By then, funds raised by donations with some county and city funds allocated should be enough to have a suitable facility.