Why doesn't Van Buren.Co have football?

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

Martin Luther King Magnet at Pearl High School students get to play at Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School. As we say in Murvul, "That's vury enneristin".

Yeah I know. And Van Buren students get to play with White Co. I to find it enneristin that a school that large doesn't have a football team. 

Like I said, if they wanted it they'd have it. They'd rather play basketball year round and hunt and fish and there is nothing wrong with that. If you live in Van Buren and care about football I imagine you move away unless White Co provides a bus or you have a parent who doesn't work from 2:30-4:30, so I'd say White gets very few of these kids. As far as the AD being upset.....he can take his thin skin and cry to some people who care cuz we don't. Its not like anything said was negative about Van Buren its just odd to have an entire county in the South with no football. God forbid anyone asks a question in America

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, bigchief said:

VanBuren is one of the poorest counties in the state. It sits on top of a hill. There is not a lot of flat land around suitable for the school to purchase for a field location. There is nowhere around the school for sure. Plus football requires a lot of continuous funding. The county simply doesn't have it. Not much "industry" or anything else in VanBuren. Most work outside of the county.

I know Van Buren County had a hard time lately, they had to come up with money for a new multipurpose building to replace the former administration building that was destroyed. A massive fire broke out, on Jan. 7, 2015, that ultimately destroyed the former Van Buren County Administration Building that was located on College Street. Construction work continues to be made on the new county building that will house the Van Buren County Justice Center, the county jail, and other county government offices. The old administration building housed the mayor’s office, the election commission office, the property of assessor’s office, and the Van Buren County Historical Society. Van Buren County officials were forced to secure new offices scattered throughout the Spencer.

http://spartalive.com/progress-being-made-on-new-county-building-in-van-buren/

Edited by Jet Pride

• 2 weeks later...