Knox Catholic requests move to D2

osunut2

I don't think I've seen this mentioned on the board yet, but according to TSSAA's BoC agenda for Thursday, "The administration of Knoxville Catholic High School is requesting to move from Division I to Division II.  The administration will appear before the Board to explain their request."

http://tssaa.org/tssaa-board-of-control-agenda-january-2018/

The Pope cut off the funds ... now they have some big donors (aka. Harrison Smith  ..etc ) .. gonna be getting the best of the best talent out of Knox and surrounding Co's and make a run at the BIG BOYS  in Brentwood  , Ensworth , MBA  etc ....  they will get the best from all over East, South , North and West  they will be alot better than they have been by being able to get more talent than they were already recruiting .. including some from all the good feeder programs in Knox Co  ... 

If I had to guess it would start in 2019 ... they would have to honor the 2 years contract unless TSSAA can overturn ?? Dont know .. it would require those region 4 teams to get another game scheduled and KC to scramble to try and schedule privates  .. how many teams would that leave in region 4 5A ??

4 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

If I had to guess it would start in 2019 ... they would have to honor the 2 years contract unless TSSAA can overturn ?? Dont know .. it would require those region 4 teams to get another game scheduled and KC to scramble to try and schedule privates  .. how many teams would that leave in region 4 5A ??

39 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

if approved, would this be starting in the fall of 2018?

It'll be interesting to see how TSSAA handles this. I would assume that if approved, the move wouldn't happen until the 2019 season, which would be the beginning of a new 2-year scheduling cycle. I also wouldn't be surprised if White County and/or Franklin County ended up getting shifted to Region 4, because I doubt TSSAA wants another 4 team region.

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

It'll be interesting to see how TSSAA handles this. I would assume that if approved, the move wouldn't happen until the 2019 season, which would be the beginning of a new 2-year scheduling cycle. I also wouldn't be surprised if White County and/or Franklin County ended up getting shifted to Region 4, because I doubt TSSAA wants another 4 team region.

i''d say it would be Franklin County, just so the region wont take on a dud and keep some juice. this move would complete change the landscape on 5A.

37 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

i''d say it would be Franklin County, just so the region wont take on a dud and keep some juice. this move would complete change the landscape on 5A.

Agreed. I just find it funny that Catholic is proposing this, 14 months after the current region alignment was finalized.