CLINTON DRAGONS 2018

92Dragon

Clinton finished 2-8 for the 2017 season, but I saw improvement especially on the defensive side of the ball. We went from giving up 43 ppg a year ago  to 26 ppg on average in 17'.

Our offense finally started scoring more points toward the end of the season. Should be several starters returning this year on offense and defense. 

Our quarterback play and offensive line play needs to be a point of emphasis this off season. And definitely our pass defense. I'm sure these things are being worked on.

I'm excited about the future of Clinton football. Should be an interesting year!

Thoughts or comments?

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton finished 2-8 for the 2017 season, but I saw improvement especially on the defensive side of the ball. We went from giving up 43 ppg a year ago  to 26 ppg on average in 17'.

Our offense finally started scoring more points toward the end of the season. Should be several starters returning this year on offense and defense. 

Our quarterback play and offensive line play needs to be a point of emphasis this off season. And definitely our pass defense. I'm sure these things are being worked on.

I'm excited about the future of Clinton football. Should be an interesting year!

Thoughts or comments?

The first thing that comes to mind is hold on to Gaylor for dear life and don't ever let him leave.  Surprised me they perked up and played Campbell County a decent game 31-41 after only scoring 46 points in the eight games before that.  I'll be honest and tell you I despise the offense you guys run but your stuck with it long as McCamey is coaching there. He did open it up some his last year at GCA because he did have a good QB and I hoped he would do the same at Clinton but maybe they didn't have a good enough kid at that position yet.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The first thing that comes to mind is hold on to Gaylor for dear life and don't ever let him leave.  Surprised me they perked up and played Campbell County a decent game 31-41 after only scoring 46 points in the eight games before that.  I'll be honest and tell you I despise the offense you guys run but your stuck with it long as McCamey is coaching there. He did open it up some his last year at GCA because he did have a good QB and I hoped he would do the same at Clinton but maybe they didn't have a good enough kid at that position yet.

You really need to be loaded with talent for the wing-t to be successful in my opinion. Clinton openen it up a little bit there toward the end of the season against Karns and CC, running some wildcat and different formations.

Our qb didn't look comfortable. Just from what I saw and the body language of the players, the qb didn't trust the offensive line and the offensive line didn't trust the qb.

3 hours ago, atrisk said:

Talent, coaching, trust. Do you think the new sports complex will help in those areas? Is the new building in use yet? I need to drive over and take a look.

The sports complex may keep the talented players at Clinton. The team will be able to practice during extreme heat in the Summer and thunderstorms. Trust....Only time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...