Tulsa Nationals

cbg

2 hours ago, durdon said:

I might be wrong but I’m fairly certain no TN wrestler ever won 12U or 15U Tulsa Nationals, but I’m not sure about the younger ages.  Now this is by far the toughest youth individual tourney in the country but having said that not a lot of TN kids go out there to compete year so that plays a factor too.  I think this year has to be the most TN we have ever had place at Tulsa..  

Mason Reiniche won 12u. Great to see TN kids making the trip.....Congrats to all of them and the individuals making it possible for them to be there!

After looking up Tennessee kids , Elijah Oliver placed in the top 6 twice while wrestling for the Harvey Twisters, but lost to his team mate each time. Eli King won Tulsa at 12u at 88lbs. He beat Andrew Merola in the finals and Joe Lee in the semis, He made the finals 3 other times, but only won it once. He lost to Kaden Gfeller , Jaden Mattox, and not sure the other kid each in the finals. Placed 3rd at 95 at 15/under.   He lost in the finals at Reno that year to Andrew Merola who wrestles for Blair and signed with Cornell. Mason Reinche won Tulsa at 12/under as well. Reinche will be wrestling for Cornell in college. Look to see Mason doing very well at the next level. 

Yes, I missed that both Mason and Eli both won 12u Tulsa.  

But how impressive is it that we had 3 TN kids place at 15u this year when only Eli and Elijah have ever placed at 15u Tulsa. 

Also, incrediblely impressive that Ashton Davis is only 13 yet he placed in a big bracket at a big weight against a lot older kids. 

Also I should add it is really impressive showing by Brayden Ivy where he followed up his Super32 2nd place with an incredible performance at Tulsa.  He beat the 2 favorites and was 20 sec from then finals when he broke his nose and ended up giving a take down with 5 sec to lose by 1.   He then lost the ¾ match by 1 when he wasn’t able to hardly breathe..  quite a gutty performance..