Sensabaugh 2.0

blazer1set

11 hours ago, Coach423T said:

It really is a shame Blazer because they still have a ton on talent coming  back. They only lost 4 or 5 starters total all their skill players are back Oline could be rough.  Yeah they got one coach that's been working them  out if it wasn't for him they wouldn't even have a off season weight program  right now. So if they don't get a interm coach it looks like they wont be having spring practice? What's gonna happen  if the interm runs  Wing T and when they get a new coach that comes in with a different system?  They are gonna be completely behind the 8ball and every team in the state.

The only reason Boone won last year is because at the end of the game Crockett was out of time-outs and they did not have a way to signal in plays...  the QB had to keep running to the sideline and finally the clock ran out with the ball on Boone's 30-something..

If Crockett had a solid coach all the way through I am going to say they would win the 2018 5A R1 title.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, blazer1set said:

The only reason Boone won last year is because at the end of the game Crockett was out of time-outs and they did not have a way to signal in plays...  the QB had to keep running to the sideline and finally the clock ran out with the ball on Boone's 30-something..

If Crockett had a solid coach all the way through I am going to say they would win the 2018 5A R1 title.

Probably true.  As things stand right now, someone has to bring something together.  Still a lot of animosity over at Crockett from the shenanigans from the fall.

Edited by formerblazer

Anybody heard an update on this?    They seem to be keeping it pretty quiet... perhaps an out of court settlement is being considered??    That is purely speculative, I have no inside info..    I don't generally like Crockett due to our long rivalry, but this is ridiculous and I hate it for the Crockett kids..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Courts/2018/02/23/County-school-board-has-until-March-9-to-respond-to-Sensabaugh-suit.html

Washington County Director of Schools Kimber Halliburton and the county’s Board of Education have through March 9 to respond to the lawsuit filed by suspended David Crockett High School football coach Gerald Sensabaugh a month ago.

According to documents filed in U.S. District Court in Greeneville last week, both parties agreed through their respective legal counsel to allow the defendants more time to file a response to the complaint.

Last month, Sensabaugh filed a lawsuit against Halliburton and the county Board of Education seeking reinstatement as the high school’s football coach and $5 million.

The suit alleged that Halliburton and the board violated his rights to free speech when they suspended him last fall for issues including his refusal of requests by a principal to remove unapproved photos of students from a social media post in which he criticized the state of Jonesborough Elementary School, accusations that he used abusive language toward students and coaches, and a claim that he practiced an injured player who was not cleared for workouts.

The board opted to put the former Dallas Cowboys safety and Kingsport native on administrative leave through a letter of reprimand dated Oct. 9, 2017, and Sensabaugh followed through on a threat to sue the board a few months later.

Sensabaugh has maintained throughout his suspension and the following suit that his primary concern is for the students at Crockett and in the county.

“I want people to know that I’m trying to fight for their kids and giving them what they need to be successful,” he told the Press when he filed the suit.

Halliburton has not directly commented on the suit, but she has maintained through statements that she and the school board “have no reason to believe that any rights were violated in this case.”

Efforts to contact legal representation for Sensabaugh and Halliburton for comment were unsuccessful Friday.

This is just another of the many examples of why former NFL players do not necessarily make good high school coaches. When will administrators learn?

As for the lawsuit, not sure he has a leg to stand on. You cannot post or use pictures or videos of students without parental consent of each student involved. This is a big no no. If an administrator tells you to do something within reason and you choose not to, then you are insubordination. Both of those alone are grounds to lose your job.

Finally, if he really is fighting for the kids, why is he fighting for 5 million dollars. Is he going to use every penny on the kids if somehow he were to win?

On 2/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, workinprogress said:

This is just another of the many examples of why former NFL players do not necessarily make good high school coaches. When will administrators learn?

As for the lawsuit, not sure he has a leg to stand on. You cannot post or use pictures or videos of students without parental consent of each student involved. This is a big no no. If an administrator tells you to do something within reason and you choose not to, then you are insubordination. Both of those alone are grounds to lose your job.

Finally, if he really is fighting for the kids, why is he fighting for 5 million dollars. Is he going to use every penny on the kids if somehow he were to win?

I agree 100%.

GS's lawsuit is demanding both $5 million AND reinstatement.

He's telling parents that if he gets reinstated, he's going to use that $5 million to build them a brand new stadium with a turf field, jumbotron, and a state of the art weightroom that will be the nicest in the area.  If he's not, well, that's just the corrupt good ol' boys of Washington County trying to keep those poor Crockett kids down... :?

I don't know if anyone believes a word he says at this point.

The independent law firm the school board hired has released its findings, and recommended that the board terminate Sensabaugh.  They have given the report to Sensabaugh and his attorney, but no comments from Sensabaugh so far.  I'm sure it's just another part of the good old boys' conspiracy against his campaign to bring truth and justice to Jonesborough.  Meanwhile, Sensabaugh is still on the ballot for Sullivan Co. Mayor.  Surprised all this hasn't been picked up by a reality TV show yet.

21 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Well, Check and Checkmate! Lol That pretty much ends it all for GS. He can keep pretending he is going to fix all this but what he needs to do is dismiss his Federal Lawsuit, since he swore on a Federal Affidavit that he never cursed kids or anyone. 

I have heard everything since this came out from all coaches cuss or its part of football. To a certain point I have to agree. But I don't think I've ever witnessed a coach directly cussing out a kid to that degree. If we did that out on the street we could get charged with assault or at the least our lip busted. Most coaches are smart enough to direct the cussing generally when they are fired up. I'll have to say, former DC coaches like Green never used profanity in that form. So, no not all coaches cuss like in the video.

I expressed my opinion early in the year on coach t, concerning this behavior after witnessing the pre-game bear-crawls and cussing of the kids. It makes one wonder if these kids had to endure this everyday? Sad if so.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, blazer1set said:

Blazer come on. Hopefully that's sarcasm.

DC's losses to other teams in 2017 were :

CC a 7-4 w/l, Gibbs 5-5, Tenn6-5, Boone 8-3, Moeast 4-7 and Halls 6-6.

DCs wins were against

4A Seymour with an 0-10 record

Volunteer 0-10 record

2A Hampton with a 4-7 record

Cocke co. 4-6 and Cherokee 5-5.

5 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Blazer come on. Hopefully that's sarcasm.

DC's losses to other teams in 2017 were :

CC a 7-4 w/l, Gibbs 5-5, Tenn6-5, Boone 8-3, Moeast 4-7 and Halls 6-6.

DCs wins were against

4A Seymour with an 0-10 record

Volunteer 0-10 record

2A Hampton with a 4-7 record

Cocke co. 4-6 and Cherokee 5-5.

Yeah I know, but you have to remember there was a lot of drama surrounding Crockett's team the whole year....   These are teenagers, easy for them to get rattled.    Boone had one of the best records in school history, and BARELY beat Crockett....    Crockett had the ball on Boone's 40 something and was driving for the win when time ran out...  That is the first game that Lingerfelt had to coach, and they had not worked out how to signal in plays, so on Crockett's last drive the QB had to literally run to the sideline in between every play.      Look I do not really like Crockett because they are our natural rival, but they have some very good players and I think could have a good team given the right coaching staff.     But sadly we will never know, here we are in the spring and still no coach, nobody to rally around....

43 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Yeah I know, but you have to remember there was a lot of drama surrounding Crockett's team the whole year....   These are teenagers, easy for them to get rattled.    Boone had one of the best records in school history, and BARELY beat Crockett....    Crockett had the ball on Boone's 40 something and was driving for the win when time ran out...  That is the first game that Lingerfelt had to coach, and they had not worked out how to signal in plays, so on Crockett's last drive the QB had to literally run to the sideline in between every play.      Look I do not really like Crockett because they are our natural rival, but they have some very good players and I think could have a good team given the right coaching staff.     But sadly we will never know, here we are in the spring and still no coach, nobody to rally around....

Fair enough.