Chattanooga basketball, one more black eye

Indian

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the TSSAA  has any kind of consistency, teams needs to be suspended from the post season. 

York Institute received a 2 year post season ban 3 years ago for a heck of a lot less.

TSSAA (Childress) needs to be consistent, he has already set the precedent.  If they don't swing the same hammer then it's a true shame!

You cancel both schools sports programs for a full entire year and give them something to think about. A-E was suspended from all sports in 1971-72 school year for tearing up the gym at the University of Tennessee during a basketball game in 1971. If the T$$AA does nothing here then don't expect this not to happen again down the road.

48 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You cancel both schools sports programs for a full entire year and give them something to think about. A-E was suspended from all sports in 1971-72 school year for tearing up the gym at the University of Tennessee during a basketball game in 1971. If the T$$AA does nothing here then don't expect this not to happen again down the road.

I can see cancelling the boys basketball teams season and even not allowing players who participated in the fight participate in other sports for a calendar year but to cancel all sport programs for the entire school would punish a bunch of innocent students who had not control over what happened on the court.

Are we blaming the teams for the fans behavior? Been some punches thrown in other games but fans didn’t rush the floor. I’m sure Sweet remembers when 3 players were suspended for going into the stands after fans. Just not sure this is best way of dealing with this. As Fulmer used to say, I’d like to see the film. 

4 hours ago, Gerry Bertier said:

I can see cancelling the boys basketball teams season and even not allowing players who participated in the fight participate in other sports for a calendar year but to cancel all sport programs for the entire school would punish a bunch of innocent students who had not control over what happened on the court.

This is a sporting event where you take your family to see two schools play each other in a basketball game. The video I saw looked more like an episode from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and there was no one in a safe situation. This is two schools that know the rules and know better than this. The schools should pay dearly and maybe it will set an example for coaches, players and fans to used their heads and not wild animal instincts. The Death Penalty for both schools.mcx4lc.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007