Top teams in Class A 2018

EAsports

If Greenback & Loretto's schedules are accurate they will play each other March 31st at Single A Classic at Middle Tennessee Christian, Murfreesboro, TN

Greenback: http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=188&sportid=4&seasonid=328

Loretto: http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=300&seasonid=328&sportid=4

Loretto should have their basketball guys in baseball shape about then.

8 hours ago, CoachT said:

If Greenback & Loretto's schedules are accurate they will play each other March 31st at Single A Classic at Middle Tennessee Christian, Murfreesboro, TN

Greenback: http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=188&sportid=4&seasonid=328

Loretto: http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=300&seasonid=328&sportid=4

Loretto should have their basketball guys in baseball shape about then.

Thank you,and yes that will be a great tourn!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, orngnblk said:

Whipped us like we stole something!

That's accurate....very surprised last night. No, shocked would be a better word.

Nice ring ceremony though....no coincidence there, huh? :rolleyes:

I'd still put my paycheck on Kees getting to Murf in May. Too many athletes, pitching and speed for Class A. Need to get those bats up to speed though.  It'll happen.

10 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

That's accurate....very surprised last night. No, shocked would be a better word.

Nice ring ceremony though....no coincidence there, huh? :rolleyes:

I'd still put my paycheck on Kees getting to Murf in May. Too many athletes, pitching and speed for Class A. Need to get those bats up to speed though.  It'll happen.

The tourn in a couple weeks will tell us where we are in 1A.GCA and us have a LOOOONG history anything can and does usually happen when we get together.I wasnt surprised of course i am not a baseball guru AT ALL!Im just occupying myself till the real sport starts again.LOL.Although i do agree the Cherokees should be there at the end.From what i have seen we have a very tough schedule to get us prepared.

14 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The tourn in a couple weeks will tell us where we are in 1A.GCA and us have a LOOOONG history anything can and does usually happen when we get together.I wasnt surprised of course i am not a baseball guru AT ALL!Im just occupying myself till the real sport starts again.LOL.Although i do agree the Cherokees should be there at the end.From what i have seen we have a very tough schedule to get us prepared.

That's the only way you can make it and do well. Your district minus us is pitiful, with the exception of maybe Rockwood this year. We always play as many big schools and out of state schools as will play us, so we have a shot to be competitive at tourney time. Of course, now that we're up with the big boys, CAK and Webb will prove to be quite a challenge in our district. Good luck to you guys.....rather keep the hardware in ETN. I'm guessing that lil ceremony fired our boys up just a tad. See ya in the fall!

If Loretta has any pitching other than Ryan Weathers they will be difficult to beat.  I don't see any Class A team having enough quality hitting to beat Weathers unless he just has trouble finding the strike zone and he walks a ton of people.  

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, Dingerdad said:

8 deep in single A with some out for basketball?  How many are in your school? Must be nice! Most single A schools are lucky to have enough to play.

They're a VERY GOOD Class A team, and they will most likely make a run at state. They are FAST, good defense, good pitching, and hitting will come around as they face more good pitching in these weekend games. They have way too many good athletes on the field to not get it all together by May.

BUT, they aren't 8 deep on the mound against decent hitting. OnB's drinking more than the Kool-Aid on that one! Maybe those gas fumes gettin' to him a little. That's almost as exaggerated as those 36 penalty flags last fall. :roflolk:

12 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

They're a VERY GOOD Class A team, and they will most likely make a run at state. They are FAST, good defense, good pitching, and hitting will come around as they face more good pitching in these weekend games. They have way too many good athletes on the field to not get it all together by May.

BUT, they aren't 8 deep on the mound against decent hitting. OnB's drinking more than the Kool-Aid on that one! Maybe those gas fumes gettin' to him a little. That's almost as exaggerated as those 36 penalty flags last fall. :roflolk:

OnB didnt say they were great pitchers (i dont know what a great pitcher is unless its a pitcher of that kool aid you are talking about) i was told they have 7 to 8 kids that can pitch 6 were clocked at 80mph or above.Against regular 1A schools i guess that is good but as we all know who have any sence at all against the GCAs.Lorettos,Summertowns,Rockwoods you have to have stellar pitching.Up untill the last game they have been wearing some big schools out,i do think the GCA kids got a little push the other night with the ring ceromony also but GCA will always be a great Baseball school and a contender year in and year out.Heck last year was our first appearance ever down there,(also think that GB and LHS were the two best teams and that first round loss to LHS took the wind out of our sails)may not ever make it again but we have alot of kids back and look to be solid again.Rockwood is rolling right not putting up big numbers and may be a force to reckon with.

Edited by orngnblk

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

OnB didnt say they were great pitchers (i dont know what a great pitcher is unless its a pitcher of that kool aid you are talking about) i was told they have 7 to 8 kids that can pitch 6 were clocked at 80mph or above.Against regular 1A schools i guess that is good but as we all know who have any sence at all against the GCAs.Lorettos,Summertowns,Rockwoods you have to have stellar pitching.Up untill the last game they have been wearing some big schools out,i do think the GCA kids got a little push the other night with the ring ceromony also but GCA will always be a great Baseball school and a contender year in and year out.Heck last year was our first appearance ever down there,(also think that GB and LHS were the two best teams and that first round loss to LHS took the wind out of our sails)may not ever make it again but we have alot of kids back and look to be solid again.Rockwood is rolling right not putting up big numbers and may be a force to reckon with.

I'll buy that first part. Throwing 80 and pitching are two completely different things. Mine can throw MUCH faster than that, but he'd kill somebody from the mound! You guys have all the other ingredients though. There's nobody around here (that I know of) in Class A that does. As long as you don't have to face that Potter kid from N Greene in a one and done to go to Murf, you guys will be fine.

I see that "Baseball" school :rolleyes:.....we seem to be pretty good at basketball also. You want to come to OUR ring ceremony? :mrgreen: And, 21-7 v an excellent team last year doesn't hurt our gridiron argument, along with a pretty good run of winning seasons and playoff runs....(didn't hurt a highlight tape or two either!) We'll see y'all on Thursday night this fall....bigger, faster n better weapons in hand....as you will have. It should be fun! I believe this.....a really good team will win and a really good team will lose.

I also agree (what is wrong with me?) on you guys being the 2nd best team AT state last year. You couldn't have received a worse opening round opponent at state. Better hope you draw a different straw if you get there this year! Nolan Ryan Jr's BACK, and he has company!