Brackets are out

Bump11

7 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

That side of the bracket is tough as nails! Teaster, Lemons, Wilson, James, wow just wow!

Only Teaster won his region...other three get no seeding preference, at all...just blind draw.

This is the way TSSAA likes it, I guess.

Any idea why Wilson forfeited to Matthews?

Edited by Twofdr
  • Upvote 1

How would you all suggest they seed the tournament if not by using Region results?  Maybe the "rankings' you are using to base your argument are invalid - 4 of the top 6 in pin-tn did not even win their own Region, yet they are top 6 in the State? 

Harrison Phillips, a returning medalist AND Region Champ will most likely see the winner of Wilson/James in the quarters.  There are 4 returning medalists in the bottom of the bracket and only 2 up top.  How would you spread it out?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

It’s all so dumb. They won’t take the extra time to don’t righht. I’ll gladly do it for free. Just so it’s legit. Sign me up. 

I remember when my son wrestled it was all a blind draw and it was a carry tournament. Returning medalists did not place due to the draw.  It has advanced to some sort of separation and double elimination.  Probably in the next several years the TSSAA will expand to seeding system.  Will the complaining stop or open another level of complaining.

• Upvote 1