Brackets are out

Bump11

1 hour ago, BoydBucFan said:

Thank you for responding. I was starting to think my post were invisible, like me!!  lol.  Seriously though, our region did not get medals.  Did your region, or any others, not get medals??

I’m not sure if any other region got medals or not. Our region did not and I’m not sure why. I heard that TSSAA ordered them late and they haven’t come in yet. I’m curious what other regions have to say. 

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Oh 100%. Schultz is one of a kind. He’ll be a world champion. I actually had a family member who wrestled Ryan Deakin. That’s another one who I do not envy his opponents. He is incredible. Gonna be a 4 time AA I think and a 2 or 3 time champion. 

Yes, Schultz will almost surely be a World Champion. How bad was it for your family member who wrestled Deakin?:D

Edited by FargoStrut

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

This is correct. But he usually doesn’t get points scored on him like that. Even with Isbell. I think Christian just got on a roll and racked up some points late. They also see each other a lot so I wouldn’t be surprised if that had something to do with it. They know each other well

I believe the score was 12-0 Palmer until Isbell caught him in a throw, which made it 12-5. Isbell added 3 more nears to close the gap. Palmer dominated for about 5 minutes and Isbell for the last minute or so. Very well may be a preview of the State Finals match!

21 hours ago, Bump11 said:

It’s crazy that they have it all up the morning after regions end. Just shows again that there is 0 thought and effort put into it. Anyways, it’s probably all subject to change but head over and have a look!

Its a computer algorithm so zero thought is all that's required.  As soon as the last region finals match is finished the state bracket should be completed.   32 man bracket made from top 4 of 8 regions means each bracket has 4 8-man brackets, or 4 "mini brackets" to help eliminate confusion.  Each of the 4 mini brackets has 1 representative from each region, and the 4 representatives from each region will be placed into a different mini bracket.  These 8 man brackets will have 2 region champions, 2 runner ups, 2 3rds and 2 4ths.   An Example of a this mini bracket template:

1. Region 1 Champion vs Region 2 4th
  2. Region 3 3rd vs Region 4 Runner up
  3. Region 5 Runner up vs Region 6 3rd
  4. Region 7 4th vs Region 8 Champion

Each of these mini brackets is seeded so that the two region champions meet in the finals of the mini bracket, or what is the quarter finals of the whole 32 man bracket.  Furthermore, each of the 4 mini brackets will be placed in order so that each region's champion and 4th is placed on either the top or bottom half of the bracket and the runner up and 3rd is placed on the other.  

So by seeding 1 kid, you lock in the other 3 guys from his region into one of two spots on the bracket, and if you seed 4 kids, mathematically you essentially already know how the whole bracket will look.  All you have to do is just enter the kid's name into the "Region 3 Runner up" slot on your bracket.

As far as changing it- if you think the algorithm isn't needed, please go look at the rankings of 113 and see the top 4 in the state are all in the same region.  If you think seeding last years place winners is an odd criteria is to use, I absolutely agree, but I can see that its used to ensure the finalists of last years state tournament wont meet in the quarter finals of this years tournament (assuming they both win their regions).  If you think you can do a better job seeding each bracket yourself, aka want to bring in the human factor, please keep in mind that means you must have seen all 32 wrestlers in each bracket (which you haven't) and a be able to rank them 1-32 without using any bias or favoritism (which you can't).  

Personally I think there should be a seeding meeting, but sadly most coach's wouldn't want to take the time to do this, so it may have to be done by a committee.  However, to be considered for seeding, you still have to win your region and then the committee will seed 1-8 using the 8 region champions.  You could maybe make an argument to  seed 1-16 by using region champions and runner ups, but I think that would open the door to too much bias

• Like 2