Greenback football 2018

orngnblk

Figured I might start us a little thread for this year's team.Spring is just around the corner looking forward for a good spring practice to see who fills the shoes of the lineman that we lost. Returning practically the whole team we have to be the favourites going into the season if we can get a few things going early.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Figured I might start us a little thread for this year's team.Spring is just around the corner looking forward for a good spring practice to see who fills the shoes of the lineman that we lost. Returning practically the whole team we have to be the favourites going into the season if we can get a few things going early.

No one in 1A should be able to beat Greenback. They are the favorites by a country mile. 10-11 starters back on each side squarely gives them the bullseye. Hopefully we can at least make it back to the semifinals. That seems to be our ceiling at the moment. 

This team will be a beast this year,that being said we see how crowning a program before the season or a game or two end worked out for Huntingdon! I think teams like GB and South Pitt have coaches that keep the fellas grounded and focused a nd it gives em a edge most of the time!!!

Edited by peabodypride

On 2/17/2018 at 2:43 PM, orngnblk said:

Gonna have a fun to to watch.can.t give um the gold right yet ,but they will surely be in the running.

5 hours ago, peabodypride said:

This team will be a beast this year,that being said we see how crowning a program before the season or a game or two end worked out for Huntingdon! I think teams like GB and South Pitt have coaches that keep the fellas grounded and focused a nd it gives em a edge most of the time!!!

I agree 100%,interested to see how they react as the season goes.I said it last year and will say it again this will be the toughest one yet trying to keep the what ifs away from the kids and keeeping them focused.I do have all the faith in This staff that they will keep them grounded but teenagers are teenagers!The target is on our back as it was Coalfield and Huntington last year and we all saw where that went!

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree 100%,interested to see how they react as the season goes.I said it last year and will say it again this will be the toughest one yet trying to keep the what ifs away from the kids and keeeping them focused.I do have all the faith in This staff that they will keep them grounded but teenagers are teenagers!The target is on our back as it was Coalfield and Huntington last year and we all saw where that went!

You guys will be fine. Back to back state titles is hard to come by and those seniors will want to graduate with that on their 2nd rings.

14 hours ago, pujo said:

Gonna have a fun to to watch.can.t give um the gold right yet ,but they will surely be in the running.

I don’t see how any of us can honestly say anyone else besides Greenback should win the gold ball. When you are the defending state champions, have 10-11 starters back on each side of the ball you shouldn’t have a close game, much less lose one. 

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t see how any of us can honestly say anyone else besides Greenback should win the gold ball. When you are the defending state champions, have 10-11 starters back on each side of the ball you shouldn’t have a close game, much less lose one. 

While I agree Greenback is at the top looking down, I do think they will be tested. Either SP,Whitwell or the top team outta the west could pose problems. But yes Greenback is the favorites.