Gordonsville 2018

croz6110

A new coach begins a new era.

Coach Scott Clemons takes over a program with quite a bit of returning talent, including an all-state RB.

We have 3 holes to fill on the line, but I believe we have the potential to be better at that position than last year. We also have one WR spot to fill. I think that's all on the offensive side of the ball.

On defense, we lose some contributors, but there are plenty with playing time that have the opportunity to step up. And, I'm also looking forward to see how Mac Petty calls the defense.

As far as the staff, it seems that there are a few questions yet. One has resigned, but I don't know if there will be others.

As far as HC, I think Scott Clemons will do a wonderful job. He was my position coach when I played. He knows the game, he will enforce discipline, and the players want to play for him. It seems like there will be several kids come out that haven't been playing. We will see how that benefits the team.

6 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

With that kind of a  senior nucleus returning, it should be an easy year for the new staff. 

So who resigned from the staff? What position coaches have been added? 

Who will be your biggest test? Of course I say my Jackets. We are young, battle tested ,  and full of speed. 

Coach Haley has resigned. Coach Bush had resigned but came back after the hire. I'm not sure if there's going to be any other changes. I have a hunch. We'll see.

I think TC and Watertown will be our toughest games. Thankfully they're non-region. Both of them return almost everybody. Watertown more so than TC.

Gordonsville will be in good hands.  Clemons is old school and will have them ready. Known him a long long time. TC returns more than Watertown back if you look on both sides of the ball. Watertown lost most all their defensive line. They return most everyone I think back on offense. They should be a very good team. TC returns I believe 9 starters on offense and 9 on defense. Had a couple move ins I’m told that are gonna help even more....come on summer time.... got baseball first!!  

10 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Coach Haley has resigned. Coach Bush had resigned but came back after the hire. I'm not sure if there's going to be any other changes. I have a hunch. We'll see.

I think TC and Watertown will be our toughest games. Thankfully they're non-region. Both of them return almost everybody. Watertown more so than TC.

Good luck with the Hire Croz! Glad Bush came back! You guys to me seem like a lock-in to win Region again! I dont see anyone that will test u guys next year in that Region!

34 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I'm still not sold on TC's coach, but they won't have any shortage of talent until the current freshmen graduate. I've known that some of those players were special s8nce they were 7 years old.

The freshman are a special group. They have been like that since they were little. I know one thing is that this coaching staff is working these kids hard much like the old days. Look forward to seeing the upcoming season. 

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I'm still not sold on TC's coach, but they won't have any shortage of talent until the current freshmen graduate. I've known that some of those players were special s8nce they were 7 years old.

Coach Wagg had to fix lot of bad habits that came from the former coach last year but this season the sky is the limit for this year team and for next 3-4 years nothing less than undefeated season and a gold ball will be dissapointment baraging injuries and kids leaving the team 

4 hours ago, RTD said:

Coach Wagg had to fix lot of bad habits that came from the former coach last year but this season the sky is the limit for this year team and for next 3-4 years nothing less than undefeated season and a gold ball will be dissapointment baraging injuries and kids leaving the team 

Saw them running the hill yesterday over by the old high school. Some good looking kids on this team. The Rankins kid has gotten BIG. The two move ins from Florida will help with depth.  Can’t wait for Jackets Football 

5 hours ago, RTD said:

The sky is the limit for TC in 2018.

You are right about the new coach . I would give anything to get Kevin Creasy back.