Graham Clark Resigns!

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's not just one thing, there's several different reason's. Some people wanted a big name coach. A coach that's won something. Some wanted someone already in the club. A "team" player so to speak. The "club" has all the power so they picked Clarks replacement. I would say Clark had a strong voice in the pick also. The "club" had to make it look not so obvious. Their just not going to let a high profile coach come in here and upset the apple cart. Way to many ego's close to the program.

Do you see anything changing with the bottom line?    i.e., win the ones you are supposed to win, lose the ones you are supposed to lose.

I always hate to pre-judge anyone in coaching, but this is sports, it's what we do whether we like it or not.  Hopefully the fan base will give him an opportunity

Aug. 17 Greeneville
Aug. 24 at Oak Ridge
Aug. 31 at Science Hill
Sep. 7 Sevier County
Sep. 21 at Alcoa
Sep. 28 Bearden
Oct. 5 at Farragut
Oct. 12 Hardin Valley
Oct. 19 at Morristown West
Oct. 26 Jefferson County

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Do you see anything changing with the bottom line?    i.e., win the ones you are supposed to win, lose the ones you are supposed to lose.

I always hate to pre-judge anyone in coaching, but this is sports, it's what we do whether we like it or not.  Hopefully the fan base will give him an opportunity

Aug. 17 Greeneville
Aug. 24 at Oak Ridge
Aug. 31 at Science Hill
Sep. 7 Sevier County
Sep. 21 at Alcoa
Sep. 28 Bearden
Oct. 5 at Farragut
Oct. 12 Hardin Valley
Oct. 19 at Morristown West
Oct. 26 Jefferson County

One thing's for sure after looking at the schedule, This could go really bad. Should be able to tell after the first year if he's going to cut the mustard or cut the cheese.

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

One thing's for sure after looking at the schedule, This could go really bad. Should be able to tell after the first year if he's going to cut the mustard or cut the cheese.

There are just way too many unknowns at this point, however I could see the first 5 games going very badly.   The last 5 are all winnable.    Actually let's revise that...   Sevier Co should be an easy win, nothing against them but they just are nowhere near what they once were.   Probably has something to do with the new HS taking student athletes.    OR is  a tossup, but Greeneville/SH/Alcoa are going to be losses.   If you could get out of the first 5 games at 2-3 I see a good chance to end up 6-4, or maybe even 7-3 if all the planets align.    Either one of those is not bad for a 1st year coach.

Aug. 17 Greeneville
 Aug. 24 at Oak Ridge
 Aug. 31 at Science Hill
 Sep. 7 Sevier County
 Sep. 21 at Alcoa
 Sep. 28 Bearden
 Oct. 5 at Farragut
 Oct. 12 Hardin Valley
 Oct. 19 at Morristown West
 Oct. 26 Jefferson County

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

There are just way too many unknowns at this point, however I could see the first 5 games going very badly.   The last 5 are all winnable.    Actually let's revise that...   Sevier Co should be an easy win, nothing against them but they just are nowhere near what they once were.   Probably has something to do with the new HS taking student athletes.    OR is  a tossup, but Greeneville/SH/Alcoa are going to be losses.   If you could get out of the first 5 games at 2-3 I see a good chance to end up 6-4, or maybe even 7-3 if all the planets align.    Either one of those is not bad for a 1st year coach.

Aug. 17 Greeneville
 Aug. 24 at Oak Ridge
 Aug. 31 at Science Hill
 Sep. 7 Sevier County
 Sep. 21 at Alcoa
 Sep. 28 Bearden
 Oct. 5 at Farragut
 Oct. 12 Hardin Valley
 Oct. 19 at Morristown West
 Oct. 26 Jefferson County

Greeneville and Alcoa are highly likely to be losses. SH is an unknown. Some pretty significant departures due to graduation from last year's team. It's a rivalry game and the Toppers will also be breaking in a new starting QB. 

Edited by WBNC83

wackoffjaof,

Sure thought you were going to get that job at DB with all of the great knowledge you spew out.  Good luck to Coach Christian.  Great to see an OL Coach get the job since that position and def backs are the 2 most important on the field.  

wackoffjaof - go back to working on cars. 

22 minutes ago, sheppy said:

wackoffjaof,

Sure thought you were going to get that job at DB with all of the great knowledge you spew out.  Good luck to Coach Christian.  Great to see an OL Coach get the job since that position and def backs are the 2 most important on the field.  

wackoffjaof - go back to working on cars. 

Dang Hommer what rock did you crawl out from under?  If you want to try and pick out one of my post on here that isn't true go ahead and give it a shot. You also might want to pass that great knowledge of yours about the defensive backs on to the DB coaching staff. It seems they've never considered pass defense to be very important. As for your "working on cars" statement that's just weird. I've never worked on cars. But maybe you do need a tune up.

Looks like the DB threads will be alive once again, nomatter how the season goes this year.We talked about the coach hire at work tonight.Most were surprised but a few figured it out weeks ago.Some former players like the hire because they like coach Christian and some wanted them to clean house,probably about how it is all over town.There is no doubt coach will have to make a few changes if DB is to compete when it matters the most.One Indian said coach will do his own thing and another said GC really didn't retire at all and will be right in the mix when fall practice starts.I say we will all see and give the man a chance .

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Looks like the DB threads will be alive once again, nomatter how the season goes this year.We talked about the coach hire at work tonight.Most were surprised but a few figured it out weeks ago.Some former players like the hire because they like coach Christian and some wanted them to clean house,probably about how it is all over town.There is no doubt coach will have to make a few changes if DB is to compete when it matters the most.One Indian said coach will do his own thing and another said GC really didn't retire at all and will be right in the mix when fall practice starts.I say we will all see and give the man a chance .

I have heard that two assistants will be leaving at years end. Not sure if true. If Christian does his own thing there's a chance he could bring DB back. Offense has never been a problem with the exception of a handful of games in the past 10 years.  Defense has been terrible since Watson left us. If Christian fixes the Defense then he will be successful. What you said about Clark still being in the mix is just plain weird. What a mess that would be.