Penny to University of Memphis??????

OldSportsGuy

what makes a great coach ? last time I checked great players. you can have all the x's and o" but without  the jimmy's and joe's,  whatcha gonna do ?

And to use the Bearden game as an example is useless: no flow to game , too many fouls. He did what he needed to do , and didn't try to over-coach

4 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Will Lomax stay in Memphis with Penny?

I just heard a caller on the radio on a local sports talk show say that Greg Marshall at Wichita State has released PG Alex Lomax from his LOI, so he is able to sign with the U of M and play for coach Hardaway. Has anyone else heard this?

Nevermind ... Mark Gianotto via John Varlas to the rescue.

Alo's Release.

Edited by kwc

48 minutes ago, kwc said:

I just heard a caller on the radio on a local sports talk show say that Greg Marshall at Wichita State has released PG Alex Lomax from his LOI, so he is able to sign with the U of M and play for coach Hardaway. Has anyone else heard this?

Nevermind ... Mark Gianotto via John Varlas to the rescue.

Alo's Release.

They actually granted the release? Didn’t see that one coming. 

21 minutes ago, toinemac said:

They actually granted the release? Didn’t see that one coming. 

East High star Alex Lomax granted release from Wichita State

JOHN VARLAS  |  USA TODAY NETWORK – TENNESSEE
Updated 1 hour ago

East High basketball standout Alex Lomax has been granted his release from Wichita State, apparently clearing his path to join his high school coach, Penny Hardaway, at the University of Memphis.Wichita State's student newspaper, The Sunflower, reported on the move Tuesday, hours after Hardaway was announced as the Tigers' new men's basketball coach.

Wichita State has released East star Alex Lomax from his National Letter of Intent.

Wichita State has released East star Alex Lomax from his National Letter of Intent.  
HELEN COMER/DNJ

"I have a lot of respect for Alex Lomax and his family," Shockers coach Gregg Marshall said in a statement released by the school. "When they chose Wichita State in the fall ... my staff and I were honored.

"Obviously, we take commitments to the Shocker program very seriously, but this is a very unique situation where a young man's mentor and coach since the fifth grade has become a Division I coach. Allowing him him out of his NLI (National Letter of Intent) without any penalty is the right thing to do at this time."