Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

I say GC wins it next year and here is why. We are just now getting over losing our team that went 37-1 in 2016 winning the Silver Ball. We will have 13 players that can play next year and that includes incoming freshman talent Madison Hart. We also have 5 or 6 more freshman coming in that are good players that will increase our roster to 20-22 girls. We have never had that kind of depth. We get Alaina Hunt back who broke her hand at Trenton before tournaments. Really tough loss because she scored double digits lots of games and rebounded double digits lots of games. Our JV girls are solid as a rock and will contribute even more this year. They have only lost to two teams (5 games) in last 150 to Dyer County and Dyersburg. AAA and AA teams. They really have taken the Greenfield loss personal and our goal is to win the Gold Ball as it is every year. I am a family member of a player and we started boot camp last Monday. Now I am sure Greenfield Fans will have different opinions. But I have Faith and Confidence that we will get it done. 

Don’t count Dresden out. They didn’t show up to play ball in the State Tournament but did go into double OT against the State Champs in the Regional Championship & only lost by 2 at Dresden to Greenfield. They lose one senior which will be a loss but also have Winn that was playing really good towards the end of the season. They’re a young team that had sophomores really step up in big games & if they can keep everyone injury free this season, could be at the top of Region 7A with Greenfield again.

3 minutes ago, BamaBoy32 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch of Greenfield and Summertown again next year. Of course it depends on that stupid draw, but those 2 have a ton of young talent and should only get better as they go through the AAU season, their summer camps, and fall prep. 

Summertown loses 8 seniors out of a team of 13-14 players. They’ve got a few good young players but I’d expect it to be somewhat of a rebuilding year for them.

3 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Don’t count Dresden out. They didn’t show up to play ball in the State Tournament but did go into double OT against the State Champs in the Regional Championship & only lost by 2 at Dresden to Greenfield. They lose one senior which will be a loss but also have Winn that was playing really good towards the end of the season. They’re a young team that had sophomores really step up in big games & if they can keep everyone injury free this season, could be at the top of Region 7A with Greenfield again.

Dresden is a contender but curious to see how greenfield deals with losing there four this year they did more than most understand.

44 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Saw Winn go down at the Boro. Is she ok?

I'm going to have to throw Loretto in the mix.  They bring back the 2 six foot posts that were a freshman and a sophomore this past season.  They are very athletic and they bring back 2 very good starting guards.  They also have 3 young reserve guards that got a lot of playing time.  Loretto played 9 deep, so the experience will be there. The real deal is an 8th grader coming that will be one of the best.  Carley  Weather scored over 1,000 points at South Lawrence Middle School, and the other three 8th graders that will be coming, won their State Sectional this year, going undefeated for the season.  If Loretto could have had Carley this year they would have gotten to state.  Loretto lost close games to Summertown and Huntindon, so they were not too far off anyway.  I think you will see Loretto right in the mix for Region 6 this upcoming season.