Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Southtowner

Approved the proposed change to Article I, Section 3 (Membership) of the TSSAA Bylaws:

Effective in the 2019-2020 school year, all public and charter schools will participate in Division I, and all private and independent schools will participate in Division II. (Submitted by Harding Academy)The bylaw will read:For tournament competition there shall be two categories. Division I shall consist of all member public schools. Division II shall consist of all member independent schools
Notes: The “Financial Assistance” definition would no longer be needed.  The need-based Financial Aid Rule would remain the same.

On 3/14/2018 at 6:05 PM, reaction said:

The "everyone needs a trophy" split has finally happened. Some of you all can rest easy now ;)

Reaction nose better than that......they will b a very large portion of them PUBs that will always b fightin nasal drainage bout sumthin unfair...even munks themselves.....but what sum of them will dearly miss is that massively grand celebration and breast poundin moment when they once in  a blue moon can defeat one of them uppity cheatin privateers...then its not unfair play on that night

..Booger can remember when everyone and they brother, and sister were door mattin ND year after year after year..... never heard peep nare one outta them PUBs bout it....then the likes of them Lanes from Dunlop begged and begged to get the Irish on schedule so they would have that almost guaronteed Beat a Private moment that would make they season every year ...then Fant arrived

Alcoa never balled their eyes out bout havin to knock us out of the championship run every year

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

3 hours ago, Booger said:

Reaction nose better than that......they will b a very large portion of them PUBs that will always b fightin nasal drainage bout sumthin unfair...even munks themselves.....but what sum of them will dearly miss is that massively grand celebration and breast poundin moment when they once in  a blue moon can defeat on of them uppity cheatin privateers

..Booger can remember when everyone and they brother, and sister were door mattin ND year after year after year..... never heard peep nare one outta them PUBs bout it....then the likes of them Lanes from Dunlop begged and begged to get the Irish on schedule so they would have that almost guaronteed Beat a Private moment that would make they season every year ...then Fant arrived

Alcoa never balled their eyes out bout havin to knock us out of the championship run every year

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Open zoned schools are in the crosshairs now. We will have 15 champs by then. :)

I was disappointed in the Grand Poobah's comments about the split. Actually, it's hard to be disappointed in someone that you don't hold in high regard to begin with. I would hope that all the Private Schools would finally band together and split from the state organization. Then what will Bernie do.....

And there's no tears flowing from my eyes. We've really enjoyed our first year in D-II. Good luck to all on their off-season workouts and Spring Practice.

14 hours ago, gcapride said:

I was disappointed in the Grand Poobah's comments about the split. Actually, it's hard to be disappointed in someone that you don't hold in high regard to begin with. I would hope that all the Private Schools would finally band together and split from the state organization. Then what will Bernie do.....

And there's no tears flowing from my eyes. We've really enjoyed our first year in D-II. Good luck to all on their off-season workouts and Spring Practice.

Sweatervester!

These splits between schools, public/private or open/zoned, is the lazy answer.  If the TSSAA would actually try to enforce the recruiting rules, the playing field would be more level.  

Why is it that a one MS/HS town/county can't allow their 8th graders to participate in open facilities, but its perfectly ok for a school like Columbia Academy to not only allow but INVITE 8th graders from any number of schools nearby to stand on their sidelines on Friday nights during football games?  

I'll answer my own question - its because the TSSAA isn't interested.  

• 2 weeks later...