Darel Middleton Sighting

osunut2

Here's hoping that the former Panther/Wildcat has finally gotten his life/behavior under control. Apparently he's committed to Tennessee again, and has grown quite a bit (6-7, 290 lbs).

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-recruiting-Juco-DL-Darel-Middleton-commits-to-Tennessee-again-117034643

Edited by osunut2
Fixed link

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to Darel. He had limited success at Oak Ridge but once a Wildcat always a Wildcat. He probably just had to get that nasty Panther blood out of his system in order to get well. TOTALLY kidding, I love to tease other teams but you better not say a negative word about OR or I will go nuclear. Again just kidding. Can't wait until Spring practice to get here.

22 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Best of luck to Darel. He had limited success at Oak Ridge but once a Wildcat always a Wildcat. He probably just had to get that nasty Panther blood out of his system in order to get well. TOTALLY kidding, I love to tease other teams but you better not say a negative word about OR or I will go nuclear. Again just kidding. Can't wait until Spring practice to get here.

Oak Ridge has a football team.... who knew? Just kidding. Hope he takes advantage of this opportunity.

2 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

Oak Ridge has a football team.... who knew? Just kidding. Hope he takes advantage of this opportunity.

Yes, a lot of people are unaware Oak Ridge High has a football team because they are also known as the Tennessee Titans on Sundays. Kidding. I started following Darel on Tweeter last summer and most of his Tweets were about his baby girl and proving people wrong about him. I tweeted a bunch of positive messages to him. I do not like UT in any way but would love to see him be a reason they have football success. I am unclear if he will play this year or will have to wait until 2019.

RWR

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Yes, a lot of people are unaware Oak Ridge High has a football team because they are also known as the Tennessee Titans on Sundays. Kidding. I started following Darel on Tweeter last summer and most of his Tweets were about his baby girl and proving people wrong about him. I tweeted a bunch of positive messages to him. I do not like UT in any way but would love to see him be a reason they have football success. I am unclear if he will play this year or will have to wait until 2019.

RWR

He will be in juco for the 2018/2019 school year.  Since he was a non-qualifier out of high school he will have to graduate from juco to be eligible to play D1 football, and he is a long, long way from that.  

One of the most dominating players I have ever seen in high school around here was Mike Cofer from Rule. He was a defensive lineman and and you would see him in on tackles down the field 30 or 40 yards away and a difference maker. I have always in my mind used him as a barometer and the young man that played at O.R. looked like Tarzan but played like Jane and acted like Cheeta. Guess I seen and heard to much to buy in yet but hopefully he can proves us all wrong.