JD Overton Out at Halls

AllRegion

You can say the name of the coach without giving away your "sources" of who supplied you with the information.  My biggest pet peeve of working in education is plenty of my co-workers tend to start acting like the kids themselves and  make an "in" crowd of secret safe keepers.  I am not sure if that is the case here, but it is very reminiscent. This may be shocking information for some, but when you apply for any job, that job contacts your previous employer (duh).  So as far as hurting someone's career- that is a bunch of bologna (and yes I did sing the song in my head when I spelled that out).  So if you just enjoy being in on the information in a case of "I know something you don't know", on the behalf of the rest of us- GROW UP!

2 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

How can you have credibility as someone who has "sources" when you dont give any information beforehand? You can say you know who the next coach is going to be all you want, but it is all just a bunch of chest pumping and posturing unless you can give a name before the news breaks and it turns out right.

I pick on HTV specifically here because in the 6 years I have been on coacht he has always claimed to know everything. He always knows the inner workings of every coaching search and behind the scenes scandal within a 100 mile radius. He will get on coacht and tell you this, but he wont give you any information.... Ever... Just tells you he knows it all.  Oh, and the reasoning is always he doesnt want to hurt some guy's job prospects or something along those lines. So, he gets to play the role of the guy who is in the know without proving anything and virtue signal at the same time. No ego and posturing there at all.

So, you "pick on" me?  Sorry I haven't ever noticed you before. 

But I will be sure to ask your approval before I post anything else.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

You can say the name of the coach without giving away your "sources" of who supplied you with the information.  My biggest pet peeve of working in education is plenty of my co-workers tend to start acting like the kids themselves and  make an "in" crowd of secret safe keepers.  I am not sure if that is the case here, but it is very reminiscent. This may be shocking information for some, but when you apply for any job, that job contacts your previous employer (duh).  So as far as hurting someone's career- that is a bunch of bologna (and yes I did sing the song in my head when I spelled that out).  So if you just enjoy being in on the information in a case of "I know something you don't know", on the behalf of the rest of us- GROW UP!

So, you are in "education" but you don't understand the potential issue of having ones name out there when interested in another coaching position? 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

So, you are in "education" but you don't understand the potential issue of having ones name out there when interested in another coaching position? 

What issue is to be had?  I assume you mean with your current employer or place of employment... if that is what you mean, I have already answered your question in my last post.

32 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

What issue is to be had?  I assume you mean with your current employer or place of employment... if that is what you mean, I have already answered your question in my last post.

If you don't understand it then it's pretty obvious that you aren't a coach, or you haven't been a head coach of a major sport.  

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gov he does have a lot of great sources but also has enough sense not to spill names and put someone in a very bad spot that could hurt that person for trying to better their situation in life. Anyone can be lead wrong with false information and get out and broadcast it causing that person lots of grief. That is why a lot of his sources can trust him with things they tell him. He has a great voice in the broadcasting booth and had to step down after this year because of problems with his vision but I'm really glad he was a part of the Maryville system and left the booth the last time as a state champion. Couldn't end a career on a better note than that.

Giving his name on this forum wouldn't hurt him one bit...but I'll honor this absurd premise. I think everyone knows except for a few on Coacht.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Guv, I get what you are saying, but I have to vouch for HTV in this case. He is a great guy, and yes, he does seem to know more than most in these situations. If there are folks behind the scenes that are willing to give him the inside info, the least he can do is keep it quiet. I would imagine that he wouldn't have access to that info for long if he shared it on a public forum before the news went public. Is there some ego in play? Maybe, but I can't begin to know a person's motivation for putting those nuggets on a forum like this. I guess I don't get what the big deal is.

If you want to know more, why don't you just try reaching out to HTV? He's not going to share specifics on a forum, but maybe he would off the record. You might be pleasantly surprised :D

Let me tell you something...if you want to keep something a secret, then don't share the information with ANYONE. I can promise you that his "source" shared the name with more than just HTV.

2 hours ago, sx1234 said:

You are correct

24 minutes ago, HTV said:

If you don't understand it then it's pretty obvious that you aren't a coach, or you haven't been a head coach of a major sport.  

Only 20+ years in 3 different sports across 4 different states.  Only 1 year as a head coach though, and that was more of a glorified baby sitting position in middle school track than an actual coaching opportunity.  That is all besides the point, as I did not apply for the job.

However, once again, you did not answer the question.  But chose to act as all-knowing and imply that you know something the rest of us do not.  If that is the case, then good for you.  The rest of us will know the secret this afternoon after an announcement is made.

13 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Only 20+ years in 3 different sports across 4 different states.  Only 1 year as a head coach though, and that was more of a glorified baby sitting position in middle school track than an actual coaching opportunity.  That is all besides the point, as I did not apply for the job.

However, once again, you did not answer the question.  But chose to act as all-knowing and imply that you know something the rest of us do not.  If that is the case, then good for you.  The rest of us will know the secret this afternoon after an announcement is made.

I did answer the question. You simply are being too stubborn to see it.  

No offense intended, but as you said you were a babysitter for middle school track for one year.  That's not even a valid comparison to being a sitting head football coach at a large school that takes football seriously.  

If you don't understand it, then you aren't ever going to.