TKA

smoke14

9 minutes ago, 865BB said:

It's a bad job that Lowe made respectable.

I think that Lowe got promised some things when he took that job that never materialized.  TKA had a couple of benefactors who were putting a lot of money into the facilities and athletics programs there and there was talk of them becoming another CAK within a few years.  Now that Powell has got their house in order again, he's going back to a much better place than he left.

20 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

I think that Lowe got promised some things when he took that job that never materialized.  TKA had a couple of benefactors who were putting a lot of money into the facilities and athletics programs there and there was talk of them becoming another CAK within a few years.  Now that Powell has got their house in order again, he's going back to a much better place than he left.

This is pure speculation, but I think Powell pushed Ellison out. Principal at Powell was an assistant on Lowe's staff during his first tenure at Powell, and I believe they forced to Rodney out to bring Lowe back. The idea that promises never materialized at TKA may be true, but that doesn't change my belief that Powell's principal just wanted his buddy back on the sidelines. This isn't a slight at Coach Lowe. He has done more than enough to prove he deserving of any job he gets. However, I still believe that Ellison was forced out after the best season Powell has had since Rang got fired. Like I said though, this is all just speculation. I hope the best for Lowe and his players, and I was happy to see Ellison land a good job at Catholic.  

1 hour ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

This is pure speculation, but I think Powell pushed Ellison out. Principal at Powell was an assistant on Lowe's staff during his first tenure at Powell, and I believe they forced to Rodney out to bring Lowe back. The idea that promises never materialized at TKA may be true, but that doesn't change my belief that Powell's principal just wanted his buddy back on the sidelines. This isn't a slight at Coach Lowe. He has done more than enough to prove he deserving of any job he gets. However, I still believe that Ellison was forced out after the best season Powell has had since Rang got fired. Like I said though, this is all just speculation. I hope the best for Lowe and his players, and I was happy to see Ellison land a good job at Catholic.  

What will he coach at Catholic?  I know the defensive coordinator at Catholic is leaving but they do have Kevin Lane on staff over there, I would think he would be the first choice or maybe Coach White.

Where does King's go from here?  Is there anyone on staff that would be a good fit or will Lowe take an assistant or two to Powell with him?  Is there another head coach in the Knoxville area that would like to give it a try at TKA?  It's definitely not the same job now as it was when Lowe got there, but, they should be going through a pretty major rebuild this year.  

Coach Lowe did a fantastic job at TKA.He was getting numbers way up and teams that once begged to play them in football after beating them by 40,50 points now lost to them, wouldn't play them and ofc called them cheaters lol.With Scott Galyon coming to Seymour TKA was no longer going to get kids who were done wrong by Seymour.Where they could start and play right away at TKA.Unless they pull out a miracle I see this being bad for TKA.I understand they promised turf, new lights,more money, etc for Lowe and football.Well I wish him the best and hope his household which caused him to leave Powell the first time is in order this time.