Sumner and Wilson County FBall

On 5/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, GWAVE1 said:

Backfield returns and maybe 3 linemen.  Defensively they were decimated.  It was hard to tell who was who in the practice jerseys last night.  Columbia only dressed about 40 players and with the Wave numbers in the 90’s, you had several 1st stringers going against younger players.  When Gallatin’s first unit was in against their 1st unit, we looked really good.  Stewart, the runningback, looked good last night in his limited carries.  He ought to pick right up where he left off.  The QB, Sloan looked very accurate as well.  The O line while not the biggest made some very good clearing blocks.  Fullback also ran well.  Still very early and things always change over the summer but I was surprised at how crisp they looked.  

Did Stewart transfer to Wilson Central?  Heard he did...no idea if true

On 6/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, Blaze45 said:

Any word on Hendersonville, we get to open the season with them again this year. I heard they have really improved, but no one I know has seen them scrimmage or play yet.  I think it could be  a much closer game than Blackman wants to start the year with.  Any insight appreciated

How ya doing Blaze?  We had a good spring and great summer workouts.  Really excited about this HHS team.  Return 11 starters on D and 8 starters on.  We did lose our big 3 on O and time will tell on how well they move forward without them. Have some good running backs that are ready for their opportunity.  Line will be the strength as long as they stay healthy.  Unfortunately most all the line goes both ways so depth could be an issue.  QB is a big tough kid that will lead the offense well and can throw when needed. Have several kids that will have the opportunity to play college ball but prob no FBS talent level kids.  The thinking I really like about this team is they love each other and all want to win for one another.  Not really any ME kids on this team.  They have won a lot together going back through the years and the bond of these seniors should help them a lot.  Things seem to be going really well with the new coaching staff.  A new positive energy seems to be abound right now. Now will all that be enough to compete with Blackman week 1 and the Rutherford  County schools in playoffs?  That’s a whole different conversation lol. I guess time will tell.  All I’m know is I’m ready to see big 78 strap it on for one final season. Go Commandos

22 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

How ya doing Blaze?  We had a good spring and great summer workouts.  Really excited about this HHS team.  Return 11 starters on D and 8 starters on.  We did lose our big 3 on O and time will tell on how well they move forward without them. Have some good running backs that are ready for their opportunity.  Line will be the strength as long as they stay healthy.  Unfortunately most all the line goes both ways so depth could be an issue.  QB is a big tough kid that will lead the offense well and can throw when needed. Have several kids that will have the opportunity to play college ball but prob no FBS talent level kids.  The thinking I really like about this team is they love each other and all want to win for one another.  Not really any ME kids on this team.  They have won a lot together going back through the years and the bond of these seniors should help them a lot.  Things seem to be going really well with the new coaching staff.  A new positive energy seems to be abound right now. Now will all that be enough to compete with Blackman week 1 and the Rutherford  County schools in playoffs?  That’s a whole different conversation lol. I guess time will tell.  All I’m know is I’m ready to see big 78 strap it on for one final season. Go Commandos

Brother, I am excited for you and 78, Senior year is a big deal and I know just how special it can be. I am looking forward to this season and hearing great things about him.  Hope to catch up with you when we come over to ya'lls place . Until then Gods very best to you and yours!

4 hours ago, fredjones said:

here is a Sumner County Question.  How long is the 1-9, 3-7, 4-6 football at Station Camp going to continue without any changes?

Maybe 1 more season... if it lapses too long it is much harder to get quality players and coaches to be a part of the rebuild.