Joey Christian Era Begins at Dobyns-Bennett

DBKPT93

Just now, SweetScience said:

Well, you and your buddies were really good. Y'all pushed my Wildcats around pretty good early on in the season. I didn't like you then, but you seem like an alright guy lol...Just messin' with ya bud. Best of luck.

Haha. Yalls nose tackle was a tough one. People just need to give the guy a chance. Good luck to your cats this year. I'll be helping coach at a 5a school. Might see y'all again. 

5 minutes ago, Braydenb75 said:

Haha. Yalls nose tackle was a tough one. People just need to give the guy a chance. Good luck to your cats this year. I'll be helping coach at a 5a school. Might see y'all again. 

Yeah boy. Ol Borchers was a hoss, for sure. Thanks for the well wishes, Brayden.

Edited by SweetScience

I doubt anyone who made the decision really cares what most people think as long as it turns out good for the Indians.With the talent walking the halls ,there is no reason DB shouldn't continue to beat enough teams to make the playoffs every year and be competitive for several rounds.I for one thought only one team in all of East Tennessee should have beat DB last year and that was Maryville.Next is my opinion here and we all have one.The decision has been made and the best thing all of the Indian nation can do is get on board and hope coach Christian makes the right moves with his staff and everything that will give Dobyns Bennett a chance to win just like my Devils have done .Roll Tribe and Go Devils !

9 hours ago, catswild said:

From what I’ve read on DB threads over the years, no hire would’ve made them happy. They would’ve shown contempt for the process and result no matter what. They love to be miserable. They want to be miserable. They make each other miserable. They’re happy that the hire made them unhappy. What a strange bunch of fans. 

Here's something even stranger than that.  You're always happy to be unhappy that DB fans are unhappy and not happy. It's almost like misery love company.......only different.

9 hours ago, catswild said:

Actually WaCo was exactly right about how this hire would go down, but don’t be fooled by JaCo...he would’ve hated any hire!

Instead of you making stuff up (lying) about what WaCo says, let me just go ahead and set the record straight (truth) about what I think.  I was hoping they would hire Billy Seals. After Seals I had no real preference. The reason I wanted Seals was because he is a defense minded coach and in my opinion one of the best our 5 state area. I just don't think DB will ever get very far in the 6A playoffs without a "very good" defense. In 2016 DB put up 34 points on a good Maryville team and that should of been enough to beat anybody. Thing is they gave up 56 in that game. I am just beside myself as to why people don't understand this. It's simple basic knowledge. Even a cave man could figure it out. With the exception of a hand full of games in the past 10 years all of DB's loses can be traced back to playing really sloppy defense. In most games DB has not had much of a problem scoring points.

As for Joey Christian being hired as head coach I wouldn't say I'm not happy with that. He is "maybe" the best line coach in the state so he's got the "stuff" to apply that to being head coach. He can run the offense as well as Clark did and probably without the brain f@*ts.  If "they" let him fix the defense he'll bring DB back to the top. Aside from Seals I would just as soon of had Christian as anyone else that was mentioned by all those sources.