Grace Christian Franklin Dropping Football

16 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Excerpt from the article on page 1. 

Childress said TSSAA policy states that if a school drops out of the region series, the school is also out of the basketball postseason. 

The schools plan on appealing the basketball postseason ban at the Board of Control's June meeting. In past years, the board has approved schools to continue to play in the basketball postseason.

that childress feller and his ban of cerebral wizzards no where that gate cash is

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

Agree. Only some of them are complaining. Maybe some had them scheduled for homecoming. Don't know don't care. 

As far as them playing with a group of young players then that is part of it. We played with mostly freshmen a few years ago. They are in the smallest class 1A. The multiplier does not move them up so it don't get any smaller or weaker.  Earlier this year they was wanting to move to D2 but was denied so how was they going to compete in D2? Sounds to me like they didn't get their way and now want to pout and not play. I'm not taking sides on it either way but things in life don't always go your way, public or private. But, what you do with what life presents you shows what you are made of. Either suck it up and make the best of it or be a quitter. World will keep turning and I will continue to pay taxes. 

Exactly what they are doing. Didn't get their way and now making excuses.

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

GCA  dropping football because of lack of underclassmen is the same as the schools refusing to play .CA.

I've seen public schools play with a limited number of underclassmen, so I don't buy that.

Plus the team that GCA would field would still beat the Pickett's and RBS's of the world no problem,  and probably even more than that.

Croz, look how many years Pickett County manned up with 11 total players and 2 of them girls and played TC, FC,  Watertown, and Gordy.

One year they even had a woman coach. They play on a baseball field. You don't hear them on here bellyaching about young players or low numbers do you? 

Plus they HAD to play Goodpasture, Nashville Christian ( when they had 4 D1 players)  2 years inside our region. Did anyone care about them? So pipe down. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

3 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Croz, look how many years Pickett County manned up with 11 total players and 2 of them girls and played TC, FC,  Watertown, and Gordy.

One year they even had a woman coach. They play on a baseball field. You don't hear them on here bellyaching about young players or low numbers do you? 

Plus they HAD to play Goodpasture, Nashville Christian ( when they had 4 D1 players)  2 years inside our region. Did anyone care about them? So pipe down. 

I completely agree.

For the record I wish Franklin Grace would honor the contracts they've signed. But from what I've read they will play an independent schedule. 

I'm just thinking out loud here.  Childress and company could have approved their request to go DII this upcoming season but did not. Maybe Childress wanted Franklin Grace to honor their contracts and not leave their regional opponents needing to scramble to find a 10th game. Who knows? 

Seems to me the TSSAA sits back and does nothing when I think the association needs to step up and shoulder some of these issues. They could have made the decision last reclassification to separate public & private but did not.  They could come forward now and help these regional teams find a 10th game. Reach out to these schools and let them know they could play a regional opponent twice. I have no idea if the TSSAA has reached out and tried to alleviate any of this.

I do know they have their June meeting coming up where Franklin Grace will appeal the postseason ban on their upcoming basketball season. Why not work something out for all parties involved? Something both sides could live with? 

Maybe Childress and company knows there's a penalty in place and that is as much as they are willing to involve themselves? And maybe they'll  enforce it or maybe not. In times past the association didn't levy the basketball postseason ban. 

Maybe Franklin Grace is pushing the envelope back to the TSSAA for not granting their request. I have no idea.  No matter what the ball is now back on Childress' side of the court.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

For the record I wish Franklin Grace would honor the contracts they've signed. But from what I've read they will play an independent schedule. 

I'm just thinking out loud here.  Childress and company could have approved their request to go DII this upcoming season but did not. Maybe Childress wanted Franklin Grace to honor their contracts and not leave their regional opponents needing to scramble to find a 10th game. Who knows? 

Seems to me the TSSAA sits back and does nothing when I think the association needs to step up and shoulder some of these issues. They could have made the decision last reclassification to separate public & private but did not.  They could come forward now and help these regional teams find a 10th game. Reach out to these schools and let them know they could play a regional opponent twice. I have no idea if the TSSAA has reached out and tried to alleviate any of this.

I do know they have their June meeting coming up where Franklin Grace will appeal the postseason ban on their upcoming basketball season. Why not work something out for all parties involved? Something both sides could live with? 

Maybe Childress and company knows there's a penalty in place and that is as much as they are willing to involve themselves? And maybe they'll  enforce it or maybe not. In times past the association didn't levy the basketball postseason ban. 

Maybe Franklin Grace is pushing the envelope back to the TSSAA for not granting their request. I have no idea.  No matter what the ball is now back on Childress' side of the court.

Good post ST!

On 5/20/2018 at 5:21 PM, Southtowner said:

Excerpt from the article on page 1. 

Childress said TSSAA policy states that if a school drops out of the region series, the school is also out of the basketball postseason. 

The schools plan on appealing the basketball postseason ban at the Board of Control's June meeting. In past years, the board has approved schools to continue to play in the basketball postseason.

Their Girls basketball coach maybe in trouble also. He was photographed by Parents of a Region School coaching AAU and his own kids 2 or 3 weeks ago. I guess if you are a private school rules do not apply.

2 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

Their Girls basketball coach maybe in trouble also. He was photographed by Parents of a Region School coaching AAU and his own kids 2 or 3 weeks ago. I guess if you are a private school rules do not apply.

one things for sure....if its true that is....it wernt b no prvate institution sneekin round with that photografin gadget

Booger just sayin :lol:

23 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I wasn't going to post, because truthfully I can sympathize with both sides of this issue. Administrations often maneuver around issues like this for institutional gain, but there are also real concerns for a kid's safety.

The portion of your post that I highlighted struck a large nerve with me however. When the reclassification cycle came about, privates currently in DI (due to rule changes) had an early deadline to declare whether they would stay in DI or go to DII. The early deadline was for the purpose of separating the schools before classification assignments determined by enrollment numbers, and regional placement. A certain school in our region decided to remain with the publics, until the regional assignments came out. After the private divisions were split into three classifications instead of two due to the increase in participating schools, said school determined that their schedule would have been more favorable had they chosen DII (1A) than being placed where they were. They promptly petitioned TSSAA to be allowed to switch, which was granted. Here's the problem...after being allowed to switch (immediately, not the following season), their entire regional schedule was edited to accommodate their new region, leaving five of six teams scrambling to find games. Now, here's the HUGE problem that Scotts Hill and one other school had with that outcome. Scotts Hill not only had to find another game at the 11'th hour...but the fact that "we" were the smallest school elevated to AA has resulted in a school with currently 473 students has to compete against schools with two to three times our enrollment, which wouldn't have happened had they chosen to go DII in the timeframe allotted. Same for the AA school who was "bumped" to AAA ( can't remember which it was).

Sorry for such a lengthy explanation, just wanted to be clear. After allowing that move with no penalty or compensation immediately after being allowed the choice themselves, why wouldn't TSSAA allow another the exact same privilege, albeit this time with a seemingly appropriate reason for the request?

Edited by tradertwo
added content

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I wasn't going to post, because truthfully I can sympathize with both sides of this issue. Administrations often maneuver around issues like this for institutional gain, but there are also real concerns for a kid's safety.

The portion of your post that I highlighted struck a large nerve with me however. When the reclassification cycle came about, privates currently in DI (due to rule changes) had an early deadline to declare whether they would stay in DI or go to DII. The early deadline was for the purpose of separating the schools before classification assignments determined by enrollment numbers, and regional placement. A certain school in our region decided to remain with the publics, until the regional assignments came out. After the private divisions were split into three classifications instead of two due to the increase in participating schools, said school determined that their schedule would have been more favorable had they chosen DII (1A) than being placed where they were. They promptly petitioned TSSAA to be allowed to switch, which was granted. Here's the problem...after being allowed to switch (immediately, not the following season), their entire regional schedule was edited to accommodate their new region, leaving five of six teams scrambling to find games. Now, here's the HUGE problem that Scotts Hill and one other school had with that outcome. Scotts Hill not only had to find another game at the 11'th hour...but the fact that "we" were the smallest school elevated to AA has resulted in a school with currently 473 students has to compete against schools with two to three times our enrollment, which wouldn't have happened had they chosen to go DII in the timeframe allotted. Same for the AA school who was "bumped" to AAA ( can't remember which it was).

Sorry for such a lengthy explanation, just wanted to be clear. After allowing that move with no penalty or compensation immediately after being allowed the choice themselves, why wouldn't TSSAA allow another the exact same privilege, albeit this time with a seemingly appropriate reason for the request?

because said institutional leaders didnt make the trek to the annual T$$AA's deal cuttin powwow down at the condo....no Happy Hour.....no deal

Booger just sayin profile_big.jpg