Cane Ridge

DAEYE

How you think Cane Ridge will be this year? They lost a lot on defense this year and returning a good group on offense. The year before they lost 10 on offense including the whole line, QB, 2 RB's and 2 wr's, moved up a class to 6A and went to the state with new kids. So what you think they will do this year? Any thoughts?

13 hours ago, DAEYE said:

How you think Cane Ridge will be this year? They lost a lot on defense this year and returning a good group on offense. The year before they lost 10 on offense including the whole line, QB, 2 RB's and 2 wr's, moved up a class to 6A and went to the state with new kids. So what you think they will do this year? Any thoughts?

They'll be playing in the semifinals

21 hours ago, DAEYE said:

The question is ... how do YOU think Cane Ridge will do? What are your expectations for Cane Ridge this year?

I 'think' it will either be Cane Ridge or a Williamson County school vs a school from Memphis (The Haven) for the fore seeable future.  Williamson is being hurt by all the new schools opening like Rutherford County is going thru.  Only thing saving Rutherford is most of the folks moving in have more teenagers to help the programs.  Williamson County is getting some teenagers, but the majority of their moving in tend to be older. 

5 hours ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I've said it many times on my show...  Eddie Woods is one of the best Coaches in the state.   He'll be very competitive at the 6A level each year.

(Having Devon Starling in your backfield doesn't hurt either  :D)

Yes he is a REALLY good Coach.  I would have LOVED for LaVergne to have gone after him and let SS go back to Knoxville!  LaVergne could be really competitive with a solid Coach. 

Would have made Rutherford County football more balanced also.

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Yes he is a REALLY good Coach.  I would have LOVED for LaVergne to have gone after him and let SS go back to Knoxville!  LaVergne could be really competitive with a solid Coach. 

Would have made Rutherford County football more balanced also.

As long as Ash is there, it's a guarantee LaVergne wont be any good

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

You maybe right. With the right administration and coach, you can win at LaVergne. They've been just as talented as any other RuCo school

Actually they have had some really superior athletes stolen from them.  For example Sonny Gray and his top receiver was 'suppose' to be zoned for LaVergne.   They also had a RB those same years that wound up at a Private at the same time.  With those and a decent Coach and O-line LaVergne would probably have the two State titles Smyrna has.

Edited by Lost Old Dad