mustang69

Carroll County women's basketball.....

The best I have seen....

Kathy Johnson

Marquita Hunt

Lee Nunamaker

Crystal Fuller

Jaimey Lindsey

Ms. Teresa Donald.....Never saw her play, but by all accounts one of the greatest. I learned alot from this woman but for my own good won't tell anybody how old I was when I had her in school..... :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mustang69,

That was Randy Franks from McKenzie you were thinking about and he was a good athlete along with the Chism's. Franks was a good football player as well. Also, Teresa (Hale) Donald was certainly a great basketball player at Atwood.

Sauce,

Thanks for remembering Les Bingham who played in the NFL and was from Trezevant. Don't know how I forgot about him, he was a friend of my Dad's. There were a couple of brothers from Trezevant by the name of Willie and Gene Hickerson who played college football at Ole Miss if I'm not mistaken and I believe it was Gene that went on from there to play in the NFL for the Cleveland Browns I think it was (it could have been another NFL team--it was a long time ago!!!)

Man, this thread is bringin' back some OLD memories!!!!!!!! thumb thumb

Edited by duckman38201

mustang69,

That was Randy Franks from McKenzie you were thinking about and he was a good athlete along with the Chism's. Franks was a good football player as well. Also, Teresa (Hale) Donald was certainly a great basketball player at Atwood.

Sauce,

Thanks for remembering Les Bingham who played in the NFL and was from Trezevant. Don't know how I forgot about him, he was a friend of my Dad's. There were a couple of brothers from Trezevant by the name of Willie and Gene Hickerson who played college football at Ole Miss if I'm not mistaken and I believe it was Gene that went on from there to play in the NFL for the Cleveland Browns I think it was (it could have been another NFL team--it was a long time ago!!!)

Man, this thread is bringin' back some OLD memories!!!!!!!! thumb  thumb

825478961[/snapback]

Former McKenzie high school principal and superintendent Joe Williams played at the University of Kentucky and roomed with George Blanda.

True, Joe Williams was a good one too and, well, us old timers ALL remember George Blanda!!!! Blanda played QB for Oakland untill he could only trot, running was out of the question. Then he went on to kick for them 'till he was about 65. :lol: He was a PLAYER!!!!!!!! (FOOTBALL THAT IS!)

hbc21, you're holding up Bruceton in this thread, you remember a guy by the name of Ben Hartsfield?????? He coached over here at McKenzie for a while when my son was playing and I really liked him. I always thought he had head coach material. Don't know what happened to him after he left McKenzie. But, I hear he was a pretty decent player.

mustang69,

Sauce,

Man, this thread is bringin' back some OLD memories!!!!!!!! thumb  thumb

825478961[/snapback]

Gene did play for the Browns - He played HS at Trezevant in the early 50's when they had a team.

Former McKenzie high school principal and superintendent Joe Williams played at the University of Kentucky and roomed with George Blanda.

825479030[/snapback]

The Pro Football Enclyclopedia lists Les Bingaman as being born in McKenzie but shows he attended Lew Wallace HS in Gary, IN and then the University of Illinois. He played for the Detroit Lions from 1948 to 1954. Gene Hickerson from Trezevant played for the Cleveland Browns from 1958 thru 1973.