Oak Ridge

gridiron13

If Oak Ridge wants the right solution it is time for Joe Gaddis to come marching home again. How can you deny the winningest coach in Oak Ridge history and the last coach to win a state championship for Oak Ridge. As little kids we all imagined playing for Coach Gaddis so why would you deny a group of talented kids to have the best experience of their high school career under a great coach. Carringer make the call !!!!!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you that keep pushing Stevens, I must ask a couple questions. I am not putting him down, I just want to know what some others think. Stevens certainly has head coaching experience and a state championship under his belt. Both are things Oak Ridge should be looking for in a head coach. What I cannot understand is this:

Why can't he beat Fulton? From what I hear, he has better athletes than they do. People tell me he should have won the past two state championships. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't watch them play enough to know. Maybe some of you could help me. It seems to me that AE may beat Fulton early, but Fulton's coaches must do a better job than AE because when it counts (playoffs) Fulton wins. It seems that Fulton gets better as the season goes along, but AE goes only as far as raw ability will carry them. Maybe I'm wrong. Again, I'm not putting Stevens or AE down, I'm just looking for some answers because looking in from the outside, I think this is what people see. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing any assistants for the job. Just looking for some insight into Stevens. I've heard he had a great offensive line coach, and since he came to OR (who is not smart enough not to use him), AE can't win up front and therefore can't win championships.

I spoke with a buddy of mine from Oak Ridge the other day. Some fans contacted Rankin, not the schools. From what I can get, Bibee is the one who withdrew from considerations, I am sure he had some incentives in Chattanowhere $$$$. Right now its a race between two candidates one on staff and one from Austin East. The guy on staff is the OC and the one from Austin East is an alum. So I bet it will be a doozy of a week for the AD.

TNBREAKERS,

Wake up and quit smoking and smell the coffee. It WILL NOT be Joe Gaddis. Bibee withdrew due to lack of $. It is now down to the final four. Oak Ridge did not contact Rankin. The AD has more than he can say grace over at the present time. Running the school with his principal in the building only a couple or three days a week. Overseeing the planning and construction start of a new school. Hiring of a football coach and overseeing the spring sports program. Prolly more than one person could or should have to handle. Not to mention his normal everyday duties as Assistant Principal. Give the guy a break, I doubt that most of us could even begin to handle all of those duties and do them all well.

Edited by papatj

man ya'll needs to just shut up and support whoever gets the job.

Ron deserves the job, he is a good coach and teacher who CAN MOTIVATE PEOPLE WHO PLAY FOR HIM. If Stevens gets the job then he deserves it too seeing as how he is an alumni and stilll lives in Da Ridge. I dont know him but after playing with his younger brother jared, He has the credentials to do well, just as much as gray does.

SO PLEASE QUIT THE FAVORITISM AND SUPPORT THE COACH AND TEAM AS THEY WILL WIN THE STATE 5A TITLE IN 05

Number 63

from the 2ND BEST TEAM TO EVER PLAY AT OR

2000-03

Edited by BiggieEarl01

papati,

What does that have to do with giving Chuck a break! I am only telling you what a good friend of mine who is a coach in Nashville told me after talking with Coach Rankin himself! I received the phone call yesterday. I really do not care if you believe it or not. Just making a statement. I have no control over who they hire or when they make the hire. thumb

Ron deserves the job, he is a good coach and teacher who CAN MOTIVATE PEOPLE WHO PLAY FOR HIM. If Stevens gets the job then he deserves it too seeing as how he is an alumni and stilll lives in Da Ridge. I dont know him but after playing with his younger brother jared, He has the credentials to do well, just as much as gray does.

SO PLEASE QUIT THE FAVORITISM AND SUPPORT THE COACH AND TEAM AS THEY WILL WIN THE STATE 5A TITLE IN 05

We can support the Coach we want to get the job just as you support Gray and Stevens. You're just being a hypocrite by supporting them and then turn around and say don't play favorites. We will support who ever gets the job anyway.

Edited by ORcat14

Ron does not deserve the job period. The only thing he does consistantly is blow smoke telling every player the same jive about how much they are going to play. If he can't get a play in time how can he run the winningist program in the state and top 30 in the country?...........GIVE US A BREAK!