Titans first round pick

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

With McNair and Billy Volek back at quarterback that position is settled.

Chris Brown will be back as the team's starting tailback and don't be suprised if the Titans sign veteran Eddie George to come back and serve as Brown's backup. That would be great because maybe Eddie could teach Chris something that he really lacks right now, which is toughness. Troy Fleming will be back as the team's fullback.

At wide reciever there is Drew Bennett, who late last year really emerged as one of the leagues premiere recievers. Tyrone Calico is returning and if/when he ever reaches his potential the sky is the limit for him. I feel that it would be great if the Titans brought in Edwards or Williams. They'd certainly have the biggest recieving corps in the entire league. At tight end Erron Kinney returns. Look out for Ben Troupe, who really began to play well for the Titans down the stretch last year.

Brad Hopkins will anchor the offensive line. Joining him will be veteran guards Benji Olson and Zach Piller. Justin Hartwig and Eugene Amano, who really came on late last year, will battle for the starting job as the team's center. The key here is the right tackle position, where Fred Miller (aka Mr. False Start) is gone to the Chicago Bears. Second year lineman Jacob Bell, who was having a great rookie year before he got hurt late last year, will have a shot at the job. Backup tackle Todd Williams returns to provide the team with much needed depth.

THIS MEANS THAT ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE FOOTBALL THE TITANS ARE GOING AFTER A BIG PLAYMAKING WIDE OUT TO REPLACE THE DEPARTED DERRICK MASON, WHO IS NOW A MEMBER OF THE BALTIMORE RAVENS. THE TITANS WILL ALSO TRY TO FIND A TACKLE JUST IN CASE BELL'S RETURN DOES NOT GO AS SMOOTHLY AS HOPED. ALSO NEEDED ARE A THIRD STRING EMERGENCY QUARTERBACK AND A THIRD TIGHT END TO REPLACE THE DEPARTED SHAD MEIER.

At defensive line the Titans are set. They really drafted heavy at defensive end last year and those guys will all finally be healthy this upcoming year. They include Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom, and Bo Schobel. Veterans Carlos Hall returns to provide leadership. At defensive tackle the Titans will lean on what appears to be a hungry Albert Haynesworth. He will be counted on to anchor the defense. Also returning in the middle are last year's draft picks Jared Clauss and Randy Starks, who really might have been one of the Titans better defensive players last year. It is really time for thrid year player Ryan Long to step up and play like the player the Titans drafted a few years back.

The Titans emotional leader on defense is without question linebacker Keith Bullock. The pro bowler returns to lead one of the better units on this year's entire team. One of the big injuries the Titans suffered through last year had to be linebacker Peter Sirmon. He'll return and should start this upcoming season. Other players that will be relyed on in this department are gonna be Rocky Calmus & Boiman along with Brad Kassell, who started on the team two years ago that made a run deep into the playoffs. Second year player Rob Reynolds was another youngster who improved as the season went alog last year.

The secondary loses pro bowl caliber cornerback Samari Rolle. Returning to the secondary will be safeties Tank Williams and Lance Schulters. Lamont Thompson and Donnie Nickey also return at that position to provide depth to the safeties where the Titans seem to be okay. Cornerback is a different story, where both Rolle as well as Andre Dyson are history. It is time for the injury proned Andre Woolfolk, who is entering his third year, to step up big for the Titans. Tony Beckham, who played so well for the Titans two years ago, also returns to this year's team. Last year's rookies Rich Gardner and Michael Waddell, who must improve his return skills on special teams, both provide depth at the cornerback position.

Ken Amato, who has handled the team's long snapping duties the past two years will be back on the special teams. Mr. Do It All Craig Hentrich returns as the team's punter. He can also kick, but the Titans must go out and find a guy who can do that so Hentrich doesn't have to rely on everything.

OUTSIDE OF THE OFFENSE I SEE THE TITANS NEEDING TO GO GET A MAJOR SHUT DOWN CORNERBACK. THEIR SECONDARY IS YOUNG AND WAS PROVEN TO BE ABLE TO GIVE UP BIG PLAYS LAST YEAR. MANY FEEL THAT THE TITANS WILL GET A LINEBACKER BUT THAT IS TOTALLY FALSE. THE TITANS MAY ADD A PLAYER HERE DOWN THE LINE IN THE DRAFT BUT ON THE FIRST DAY I JUST DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING. DEFENSIVE LINE THEY ARE SET.

ON SPECIAL TEAMS THE TITANS MUST FIND A KICKER SOMEWHERE TO REPLACE THE RELIABLE GARY ANDERSON, WHO WAS AUTOMATIC FROM 40-YARDS IN. MICHAEL WADDELL IS GONNA BE THE FAVORITE TO HANDLE THE RETURN DUTIES FOR THE TITANS AS OF NOW BUT HE MUST IMPROVE.

I think they will take Mike Williams or Edwards with the 1st round pick. I think with Norm Chow as the OC it will be Williams he has the better size of the two at over 200lbs at has shown to be able to make the hard catches look easy.

With the second round pick they will then go after a corner and there should still be one of the top 5 corners still left when that pick comes up.

With McNair and Billy Volek back at quarterback that position is settled. 

Chris Brown will be back as the team's starting tailback and don't be suprised if the Titans sign veteran Eddie George to come back and serve as Brown's backup.  That would be great because maybe Eddie could teach Chris something that he really lacks right now, which is toughness.  Troy Fleming will be back as the team's fullback. 

At wide reciever there is Drew Bennett, who late last year really emerged as one of the leagues premiere recievers.  Tyrone Calico is returning and if/when he ever reaches his potential the sky is the limit for him.  I feel that it would be great if the Titans brought in Edwards or Williams.  They'd certainly have the biggest recieving corps in the entire league.  At tight end Erron Kinney returns.  Look out for Ben Troupe, who really began to play well for the Titans down the stretch last year. 

Brad Hopkins will anchor the offensive line.  Joining him will be veteran guards Benji Olson and Zach Piller.  Justin Hartwig and Eugene Amano, who really came on late last year, will battle for the starting job as the team's center.  The key here is the right tackle position, where Fred Miller (aka Mr. False Start) is gone to the Chicago Bears.  Second year lineman Jacob Bell, who was having a great rookie year before he got hurt late last year, will have a shot at the job.  Backup tackle Todd Williams returns to provide the team with much needed depth. 

THIS MEANS THAT ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE FOOTBALL THE TITANS ARE GOING AFTER A BIG PLAYMAKING WIDE OUT TO REPLACE THE DEPARTED DERRICK MASON, WHO IS NOW A MEMBER OF THE BALTIMORE RAVENS.  THE TITANS WILL ALSO TRY TO FIND A TACKLE JUST IN CASE BELL'S RETURN DOES NOT GO AS SMOOTHLY AS HOPED.  ALSO NEEDED ARE A THIRD STRING EMERGENCY QUARTERBACK AND A THIRD TIGHT END TO REPLACE THE DEPARTED SHAD MEIER. 

At defensive line the Titans are set.  They really drafted heavy at defensive end last year and those guys will all finally be healthy this upcoming year.  They include Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom, and Bo Schobel.  Veterans Carlos Hall returns to provide leadership.  At defensive tackle the Titans will lean on what appears to be a hungry Albert Haynesworth.  He will be counted on to anchor the defense.  Also returning in the middle are last year's draft picks Jared Clauss and Randy Starks, who really might have been one of the Titans better defensive players last year.  It is really time for thrid year player Ryan Long to step up and play like the player the Titans drafted a few years back. 

The Titans emotional leader on defense is without question linebacker Keith Bullock.  The pro bowler returns to lead one of the better units on this year's entire team.  One of the big injuries the Titans suffered through last year had to be linebacker Peter Sirmon.  He'll return and should start this upcoming season.  Other players that will be relyed on in this department are gonna be Rocky Calmus & Boiman along with Brad Kassell, who started on the team two years ago that made a run deep into the playoffs.  Second year player Rob Reynolds was another youngster who improved as the season went alog last year. 

The secondary loses pro bowl caliber cornerback Samari Rolle.  Returning to the secondary will be safeties Tank Williams and Lance Schulters.  Lamont Thompson and Donnie Nickey also return at that position to provide depth to the safeties where the Titans seem to be okay.  Cornerback is a different story, where both Rolle as well as Andre Dyson are history.  It is time for the injury proned Andre Woolfolk, who is entering his third year, to step up big for the Titans.  Tony Beckham, who played so well for the Titans two years ago, also returns to this year's team.  Last year's rookies Rich Gardner and Michael Waddell, who must improve his return skills on special teams, both provide depth at the cornerback position. 

Ken Amato, who has handled the team's long snapping duties the past two years will be back on the special teams.  Mr. Do It All Craig Hentrich returns as the team's punter.  He can also kick, but the Titans must go out and find a guy who can do that so Hentrich doesn't have to rely on everything. 

OUTSIDE OF THE OFFENSE I SEE THE TITANS NEEDING TO GO GET A MAJOR SHUT DOWN CORNERBACK.  THEIR SECONDARY IS YOUNG AND WAS PROVEN TO BE ABLE TO GIVE UP BIG PLAYS LAST YEAR.  MANY FEEL THAT THE TITANS WILL GET A LINEBACKER BUT THAT IS TOTALLY FALSE.  THE TITANS MAY ADD A PLAYER HERE DOWN THE LINE IN THE DRAFT BUT ON THE FIRST DAY I JUST DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING.  DEFENSIVE LINE THEY ARE SET. 

ON SPECIAL TEAMS THE TITANS MUST FIND A KICKER SOMEWHERE TO REPLACE THE RELIABLE GARY ANDERSON, WHO WAS AUTOMATIC FROM 40-YARDS IN.  MICHAEL WADDELL IS GONNA BE THE FAVORITE TO HANDLE THE RETURN DUTIES FOR THE TITANS AS OF NOW BUT HE MUST IMPROVE.

825631949[/snapback]

Now this is a guy that could find good in a car wreck............. B)

Great job on the synopsis.

I still have huge doubts for this team.

at least 40% of the key positions will be replacements. Doesn't sound like synergism to me. :(

ON SPECIAL TEAMS THE TITANS MUST FIND A KICKER SOMEWHERE TO REPLACE THE RELIABLE GARY ANDERSON, WHO WAS AUTOMATIC FROM 40-YARDS IN. MICHAEL WADDELL IS GONNA BE THE FAVORITE TO HANDLE THE RETURN DUTIES FOR THE TITANS AS OF NOW BUT HE MUST IMPROVE.

825631949[/snapback]

Whats wrong with Ola Kimrin? B)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7096

The Titans have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds ( 1 awarded at the end of the 3rd and 4th rounds as compensory picks ), it's just too hard to tell what they'll pick in each round, it will probably be based on what's available but here's my prediction

Round 1: CB Adam Jones / West Virginia

Round 2: WR

Round 3: Tackle

Round 3: CB

Round 4: RB

Round 4: TE

My list of most needed positions:

1. CB

2. WR

3. Tackle

4. Running Back

5. Tight End

6. Kicker

7. QB

8. D-Line

His real name isn't Pac-Man it's a nickname if I recall.

All ya'll going to say this year that ya'll are going to win 12 games again like you did at this time last year? I still laugh at how blind some of you guys are. I'm a huge cowboys fan, but I know they will struggle to make the playoffs...with Indianapolis a lock to make it...ya'll are going to have to get that wild card, the Bills, Jags, Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders all seem to have much better teams (I'm assuming those teams don't win their division)