Titans first round pick

His real name isn't Pac-Man it's a nickname if I recall.

All ya'll going to say this year that ya'll are going to win 12 games again like you did at this time last year?  I still laugh at how blind some of you guys are.  I'm a huge cowboys fan, but I know they will struggle to make the playoffs...with Indianapolis a lock to make it...ya'll are going to have to get that wild card, the Bills, Jags, Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders all seem to have much better teams (I'm assuming those teams don't win their division)

825632614[/snapback]

obviously we're not the only blind people here if you think the Cowboys will make the playoffs thumb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All ya'll going to say this year that ya'll are going to win 12 games again like you did at this time last year?  I still laugh at how blind some of you guys are.

825632614[/snapback]

If I remeber correctly wasn't the Titans picked by most media outlets and preseason magazines to finish 2nd in the AFC South last year and probably would have happened if not for injuries.

I think the last 5 or 6 games the starting defense only had around 5 starters left that started at the first of the season.

I never said the Cowboys would make the playoffs, I said they'd struggle to make the playoffs. I'm sure the Titans were picked second in the AFC South..that has nothing to do with you guys saying they'd win 12 games. The cowboys could finish second in the NFC East, does that mean they win 12?

Admit it- you guys were wrong...The titans just aren't that good, I wouldnt be surprised if they took Mike Williams cus of Norm Chow (who I think would be a great pick). I'm sorry I'm so Anti-Titans fan, but I'm a Realist and a Memphian, two things that do not mix well with the Titans. :D

Good luck to all, I can't wait till the NFL season.

P.S. Ya'll do have 6 months to get your story straight lol.

I never said the Cowboys would make the playoffs, I said they'd struggle to make the playoffs.  I'm sure the Titans were picked second in the AFC South..that has nothing to do with you guys saying they'd win 12 games.  The cowboys could finish second in the NFC East, does that mean they win 12?

Admit it- you guys were wrong...The titans just aren't that good, I wouldnt be surprised if they took Mike Williams cus of Norm Chow (who I think would be a great pick).  I'm sorry I'm so Anti-Titans fan, but I'm a Realist and a Memphian, two things that do not mix well with the Titans.  :lol:

Good luck to all, I can't wait till the NFL season.

P.S. Ya'll do have 6 months to get your story straight lol.

825633707[/snapback]

oh but you did say they'd make it ;)

the Titans will win 10-12 games if people stay healthy. if injuries hit us like they did last year we will be sittin here again next year at this time talkin about who would should take with our top 10 pick. hate the Titans or not, you know that injuries killed them last season. as for the pick, i hope they dont take Mike Williams. am i the only person that remembers that this guy didnt play football last year. plus Edwards is quicker and more athletic, he isnt quite as big as Williams but he still has good size for a wr. the Titans already have big recievers they need a big play threat and that would be Braylon Edwards.

Guest catfish-hunter

I don't know how many of you listen to 104.5 "the Zone" in the mornings but I do. This morning Mark Howard (who also works as a sports analyst for WTVF News Channel 5 in Nashville) said that his "gut feeling is that the Titans will take South Carolina wide out Troy Williamson". ;):lol:

The moment I heard that I nearly ran off the interstate laughing. If Fisher, Reese, and Adams decide on Williamson over Mike Williams & Braylon Edwards than I'm gonna cry. Seriously, I'd rather see the Titans draft a shut down corner to help them in the seondary and get a guy like Ronny White (UAB), Mark Clayton (Oklahoma), or Roscoe Parrish (Miami) in the later rounds rather than WASTE a first pick on Williamson. Williamson caught a total of 91 balls in 4 YEARS at South Carolina. I know that Lou Holtz built that team around running the football but that is an average of less than 23 receptios per year. NOT GOOD thumb

The Titans need a playmaker like a Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards (although I do compare Braylon to David Terrell who has underachieved badly for the Chicago Bears). With that kind of size on the outside along with Calico and Bennett PLUS the expected emergence of second year tight end Ben Troupe and the solid Erron Kinney, the Titans pass attack would be set. McNair will come back 100% healthy this upcoming year and Billy Volek proved that he is capable of leading the offense to huge points if McNair should go down (for what would without question be the final time). Troy Fleming basically took the fullabck job away from the departed Robert Holcombe because Fleming can run the ball, catch the ball for big plays, as well as block. The biggest question on the offesnive side of the ball to me is the health of Chris Brown. He proved that he can without question break off the big runs last year (which was a vast improvement over Eddie George). What Brown could not do was stay away from injury (which is something that George never had happen to him). If Brown can stay healthy & the Titans can sign a reliable backup (like an Eddie George who may be a Titan once again next fall) then the offense is gonna be dangerous.

Defensively, the Titans need a proven defensive back. With the likes of Andre Johnson (Houston's great reciever), Indianapolis' trio of Stokley, Harrison, and Wayne, and Jacksonville's Jimmy Smith a top notch shut down corner is 100% necessary. I've heard that the Titans may try and see if Andre Woolfolk can be THE GUY back there, but his injury proned career early on has me doubting him.

"What's wrong with Ola Kimrin"??? Well outside of his name I'd have to say ALOT

I don't know how many of you listen to 104.5 "the Zone" in the mornings but I do.  This morning Mark Howard (who also works as a sports analyst for WTVF News Channel 5 in Nashville) said that his "gut feeling is that the Titans will take South Carolina wide out Troy Williamson".  :lol:  :lol:

if they do that i will NEVER watch the Titans again.

catfish the only comparison i see between Edwards and Terrell is that they played for the same team. Edwards is bigger, quicker, stronger, and has better hands. alot of people on espn are saying that Edwards and Williams might not make it to the Titans, some even said Edwards might be the top pick if Rodgers and Smith dont impress the niners. im kinda hopin they are gone when their turn comes so they can take Pac-man, thats who they really need.

From some of these post I see NFL football isn't some of your guys strong suit. Williams is the best WR IMO. Even though he sat out a year he has been training and is in excellent shape. Williams reminds me of TO. The Titans should go WR in the 1st round, CB in the second round. Titans always do their best work in the draft after the 1st round so I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down and got more picks.

From some of these post I see NFL football isn't some of your guys strong suit. Williams is the best WR IMO. Even though he sat out a year he has been training and is in excellent shape. Williams reminds me of TO. The Titans should go WR in the 1st round, CB in the second round. Titans always do their best work in the draft after the 1st round so I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down and got more picks.

825634079[/snapback]

i agree, i think we should go with williams, then we would have a projected lineup of bennett, calico, and williams, all well over 6 feet tall. if we get a good cornerback, all they will do is throw away from him. so i think we should add more firepower to our offense first and then work on the defense in the later rounds... thumb

i agree, i think we should go with williams, then we would have a projected lineup of bennett, calico, and williams, all well over 6 feet tall. if we get a  good cornerback, all they will do is throw away from him. so i think we should add more firepower to our offense first and then work on the defense in the later rounds...  thumb

825634093[/snapback]

you must not think Edawards is over 6'0...he's almost 6'3. Bennett showed last year he could be a go to go but on the other hand the secondary got torched all year...and that was when we had one of the best corners in the game.

you must not think Edawards is over 6'0...he's almost 6'3. Bennett showed last year he could be a go to go but on the other hand the secondary got torched all year...and that was when we had one of the best corners in the game.

825634098[/snapback]

i didnt realize that he was that tall...

yea, thats what im saying, work on our offense first, b/c thats really our only shot right now. samari was good, when he wasnt hurt...