Titans first round pick

After losing Smith to the Saints don't be suprised if they use the 6th pick on a RB...Chris Brown proved he couldn't last the whole year and his back up is Troy Fleming ...thats it on the chart of RB's on this team......Fisher loves to run and McNair needs a good RB for his own protection for short dump passes which Eddie caught a lot of...If they get 27 back or think they can then they will take the playmaker style WR..otherwise expect to hear a RB's name at the 6th spot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After losing Smith to the Saints don't be suprised if they use the 6th pick on a RB...Chris Brown proved he couldn't last the whole year and his back up is Troy Fleming ...thats it on the chart of RB's on this team......Fisher loves to run and McNair needs a good RB for his own protection for short dump passes which Eddie caught a lot of...If they get 27 back or think they can then they will take the playmaker style WR..otherwise expect to hear a RB's name at the 6th spot.

825636585[/snapback]

i really dont see that happening...

825636585[/snapback]

They will not pick a RB and if they were to do something that crazy, Reese wouldnt have a job long and neither would fisher!

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
He'd never survived Fisher's discipline.

825635877[/snapback]

I think Fisher might have overlooked it if he had a talent like that...

Guest catfish-hunter

The Titans will pick up a back like Eddie George OR Anthony Thomas in free agency this off-season at a cheap cost thumb

As far as the first pick, I think most of us agree that it is gonna be between Edwards & Williams if the Titans choose to go offense and if they choose to take a defensive player it will be "Pac Man" Jones from West Virginia or maybe Rolle from Miami.

I saw today where somebody actually had the Titans taking Williams, the linebacker from Texas, with their first pick. I think that would be insane because in my opinion linebacker is FAR from the Titans biggest worry. There are quite a bit of returning players who have seen much playing time at that position for Tennessee and if Fisher chooses to add a rookie here instead of adressing much needed issues at wide reciever and defensive back then I will be shocked.

What do I think will happen??? I think that the Titans will take either Mike Williams OR Braylon Edwards with this pick. After losing Mason this past off-season and with Calico returning from a major knee injury the Titans can't afford to take any risks here, especially considering the fact that they have plenty of young players returning in the secondary.

What IF??? Fans must always be prepared for a "what if" situation and here is what I see. If the Titans do take a DB with their first pick then they will do two things (not one out of two). They will first take a reciever like White (UAB), Clayton (Oklahoma), or Parrish (Miami) in the draft. The Titans would then get in the running for a free agent reciever to come in and help the team. Troy Brown of the New England Patriots, who became more useful to them as a DB this past year, comes to mind right away as well as the former Chicago Bears wide reciever David Terrell.

825636585[/snapback]

They won't draft a running back in the first round. remember, they got chris brown in the third round. There will be quality back-up runnning backs in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds i'm sure. There first two picks should definitly be at playmaking positions, CB or WR. I hope it all works out for them in this draft, but from what i know about the front office people for the Titans, they will do a good job selecting the right players for the team.

Guest catfish-hunter

You guys want another solid reciever that is still available, then look no further than the former Houston Texans wide out Corey Bradford.