From A Proud Mom to her Daughter

Tennecqt

This may not be appropriate to do but I would like to tell you a little bit about my daughter. She has played ball since the age of 5 when she started off with T-ball. She then proceeded on to softball. At the time she started playing softball in our city they did not have "fastpitch" but she played with heart. A few years later "fastpitch" was making it's way to us. In her age group they started out with what they called "modified" where the pitcher could either use the "sling shot" method or the "windmill". She wanted to pitch so badly but her coach never would give her the opportunity because she was his "1st" baseman. He looked at all the girls on the team trying to see which one could pitch. At every practice she would ask the coach "could I please try"...after several times he said okay and that was it........she pitched (sling shot style) EVERY game for him that season. She put her heart and soul into every ball she threw. She proceeded on to learn the "windmill" method and took up lessons with Cheri @ Club K and has pitched ever since. She played several years on the West Tennessee Diamonds and then went on to play for The Nighthawks (Kenny's team). She as many pitchers do lived and breathed softball. After coming home from her hour long sessions at the K she would pitch atleast another hour or two at home. She started on the varsity squad her freshman year and gave it EVERYTHING she had. Upon practicing for fall ball her sophomore year she sustained a terrible injury to her elbow. After several months of therapy and rest she would have NO choice but to have a total reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament (Tommy John's surgery) in her pitching arm. She was devastated. She sat out her sophomore year and has worked very hard to make it back on the dirt for her junior year. She still has a long way to go but she is definitley headed in the right direction.

You may be bored by reading this but I wanted her to know if by chance she reads this just how very proud I am of her and her dedication to her father, her coach, her team, her undying love and devotion to Dylan but mostly to herself. God gave her a talent and she is using it to the very best of her ability. May God Bless her and be with her everytime she "hits" the dirt and grips a softball for He is the reason she has come so far. He has truly blessed me and I am forever grateful.

I love you Jennifer for the wonderful daughter you are and I have NEVER stopped being proud of you! You continue to make the right choices and show good moral character!

Mom :blink:

Edited by Tennecqt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing your daughter's story! As a parent of two teenage daughters (who both used to play softball), I wholeheartedly agree that the best we can wish for is that our girls make the right choices in life and show the moral character you alluded to. Softball is great, and I still wish my girls played, but I couldn't be any less proud of them than I am! They are a couple of great daughters and beautiful young ladies in every sense of the word, as I'm sure your girl is also!

Thanks for brightening up our day and best wishes for your daughter on an excellent season. May God continue to bless you and your family!

---rSquared

Tennecqt, your post was AWESOME!! I have seen her grow up on the softball field but this is the first year that my daughter has had the pleasure of playing with her. She loves her attitude and her willingness to help others and her competitive nature. She loves all of her team mates but Jennifer holds a special place in her heart. I think they make a great pair on the diamond! I look forward to many more games over the next two years.

P.S. Look out for those foul balls!!

Mom,

I sit here with my eyes full of tears barely able to see the keys and I am SO proud to call you my Mom.

Thank you for ALWAYS believing in me and for having the courage to stand up for me even when things were tough. We have been through SO much as a family and SO much more as Mother and Daughter. You are my very best friend and I love you with all my heart. Softball has brought to us many pleasures and many heartbreaks. You were with me EVERY single step of the way, every doctors visit and every physical therapy session before and after my surgery. You were there when the doctors told me that without the surgery that I probably would never be able to play softball or a sport of any kind. You missed time from your work so that you could be there with me and I am the one who IS and will be FOREVER grateful. You LOVE me UNCONDITIONALLY.

I thank God for lending me to you for my lifetime. I will work hard and do whatever it takes to continue to be the daughter that I am in your eyes. I will one day again be the softball player that I was a few years ago, but if that happens not to be I know I will still have you (and Dad) cheering me on from the stands.

Your words have touched me in a way that I will never be able to explain. You too Mom are someone that I cherish and that I am proud of. THANK YOU for ALWAYS being by my side.

I love you Mom very much,

Jennifer :rolleyes:

Edited by LHS_softba11er_01

Yup, tennegt, you've got one special gal there! The both of you are blessed!!

Again, I hope you have a great softball season and a great year in general. :rolleyes:

Where do you play LHSsoftballer? Livingston? :D

Your coach is lucky to have a gal with your character and maturity.

---rSquared

Yup, tennegt, you've got one special gal there!  The both of you are blessed!!

Again, I hope you have a great softball season and a great year in general.  :rolleyes:

Where do you play LHSsoftballer?  Livingston?  :D

Your coach is lucky to have a gal with your character and maturity.

---rSquared

825632364[/snapback]

No Sir I play for Lebanon High School. I pitch (by the grace of God) and play 1st base. Thank you again but I am the lucky one here :)

Lebanon, huh?

Well then, young lady, if circumstances had've been just a bit different, I might have gotten to meet you and coach against you this season.

I started the school year in a new teaching position at Murfreesboro Oakland and was hired as the head softball coach there. But after living and teaching there for a few months, things just weren't working out for our family (myself, wife, and 2 daughters), so we moved back here to the Oak Ridge area. So instead of coaching softball at Oakland, I'm coaching baseball back here in East TN (and hoping that I'll find a softball position for this next school year :rolleyes: )!

Anyway, it would have been a pleasure to have coached in the same district/region with Lebanon and from the sounds of things here on this thread, it would certainly have been a pleasure meeting you and your family!

Once more, best of luck this season and throughout life, gal!

---rSquared

Lebanon, huh?

Well then, young lady, if circumstances had've been just a bit different, I might have gotten to meet you and coach against you this season.

I started the school year in a new teaching position at Murfreesboro Oakland and was hired as the head softball coach there.  But after living and teaching there for a few months, things just weren't working out for our family (myself, wife, and 2 daughters), so we moved back here to the Oak Ridge area.  So instead of coaching softball at Oakland, I'm coaching baseball back here in East TN (and hoping that I'll find a softball position for this next school year  :rolleyes:  )!

Anyway, it would have been a pleasure to have coached in the same district/region with Lebanon and from the sounds of things here on this thread, it would certainly have been a pleasure meeting you and your family!

Once more, best of luck this season and throughout life, gal!

---rSquared

825632384[/snapback]

Mr rSquared

THANK YOU very much! My wish for you is that you find that coaching position oneday very soon. It shows that "SOFTBALL" is your true passion. I am sure one day we will have the opportunity to meet and I look forward to that very much :D

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here at all, but does this seriously need to be on the boards? Because it's a real tear jerker, I tell ya.

825632399[/snapback]

Mr Tony Montana,

No disrespect taken, but I do think things like this does need to be on the boards. This softball board would not be here if it werent for our parents..........they are the ones that fork out the BIG $ for us.