Dale Jr.

jhoutsider

• 5 weeks later...
if your a fan show thumb  it......give your thoughts on what Jr needs to do to turn around his slow start.....

825632780[/snapback]

I think it's starting to turn around. I believe the early season problems had to do with communication, or lack of, between Jr. and his new crew. Remember, the Tony and Tony Show was the only crew he had ever known. It takes time to figure out what a driver wants just by the tone of his voice, and the terminology he uses. It's starting to turn itself around with Michael too. This weekend will be a good time to start getting caught back up in the points.

This is just my personal opinion, and Lord I hope I'm right!

Guest catfish-hunter

Jr. is now 9th in the points which means that he is safely in the chase. The problem is that he is no longer the man when it comes to restrictor plate racing. That honor belongs to the guy who has won four out of the past five plate races and his name is Jeff Gordon thumb

Jr. is now 9th in the points which means that he is safely in the chase.  The problem is that he is no longer the man when it comes to restrictor plate racing.  That honor belongs to the guy who has won four out of the past five plate races and his name is Jeff Gordon thumb

825664391[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

little e causes his share of wrecks also,not just Johnson.

825665723[/snapback]

The only difference is when Jr. causes a wreck, he will 99% of the time admit it. With Jimmie, he's ALWAYS whining that it's the other guy's fault. He never does anything wrong. Sort of like Robbie Gordon! :unsure:

The only difference is when Jr. causes a wreck, he will 99% of the time admit it.  With Jimmie, he's ALWAYS whining that it's the other guy's fault.  He never does anything wrong.  Sort of like Robbie Gordon! :unsure:

825666504[/snapback]

Robbie Gordon should not even be brought up in the same conversation with the other drivers,he could not finish a 500 mile race if he was on the track by himself. :(:D

The only difference is when Jr. causes a wreck, he will 99% of the time admit it.  With Jimmie, he's ALWAYS whining that it's the other guy's fault.  He never does anything wrong.  Sort of like Robbie Gordon! :D

825666504[/snapback]

This is totally true! I liked Johnson when he came into Nascar, but it seems like he is getting more and more like Gordon every race with his horrible attitude! Seriously, I have heard Earnhardt say after a wreck that he done something wrong to cause it and he would appologize to his sponsors and teams and then would appologize to the other guys that he caused to wreck, but with the Gordon-Johnson attitude, its "I am not real sure what happened out there, I believe someone checked up and I just got into the back of him and turned him around" And you listen after every wreck that is what Gordon says and you can see plain as day that he just flat tried to knock the person out of his way! I know some of you are gonna say well Sr. run people off the track, but I have never seen Sr. try to wreck anyone, as he says, "I was just trying to rattle his cage a little bit"! thumb