Oak Ridgers playing college ball

OR nole

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea ORnole, it would be nice if Tank could do a where are they now story.

A friends son Jason Rowan just completed spring practice at Division 1 SMU in Dallas, Texas. He played at Carson Newman as a freshman. With transfer rules he will be eligible in the fall.

http://www.smumustangs.com/football/spring/2005Roster.pdf

He was first team AP ALL=State his senior year in Alabama for Coach Gaddis after leaving Oak Ridge.

He wouldn't have been so successful if he had stayed back in Oak Ridge.

Trey and Arron didn't get any help from their Oak Ridge coaches. They had to do it on their own.

I would be happy to start working on that. If anyone has leads of players currently playing college, let me know. tank.johnson@oakridger.com

Since I came at the end of football season, you may have noticed in my Gameday Previews, I was starting to run small stories about former Wildcats playing college ball. It is something I plan on doing on a continuous basis during the season.

Could probably say that Daniels-Mulholland as well, since he turned down a full ride to walk on for the Vols. I know he didn't technically get a scholarship, but the offer was indeed on the table.

In years past, Oak Ridge sent lots of kids to play college ball. What happened? Has to talent dropped or is it something else? How can James Mitchell be the ONLY one to recieve a scholarship this year? Looks like Riverdale players didn't get many offers either.

Who has gone on to play college ball in the last 5 or 6 years and where?

825643309[/snapback]

In years past, Oak Ridge sent lots of kids to play college ball. What happened? Has to talent dropped or is it something else? How can James Mitchell be the ONLY one to recieve a scholarship this year? Looks like Riverdale players didn't get many offers either.

Who has gone on to play college ball in the last 5 or 6 years and where?

825643309[/snapback]

Riverdale has several kids that walk on at MTSU rather than leaving home to play. Some of them could easily play at smaller schools, but choose not to. For the most part, Riverdale fields a great TEAM without a lot of D-1 level talent.

Great idea ORnole,  it would be nice if Tank could do a where are they now story.

A friends son Jason Rowan just completed spring practice at Division 1 SMU in Dallas, Texas. He played at Carson Newman as a freshman. With transfer rules he will be eligible in the fall.

http://www.smumustangs.com/football/spring/2005Roster.pdf

He was first team AP ALL=State his senior year in Alabama for  Coach Gaddis after leaving Oak Ridge.

He wouldn't have been so successful if he had stayed back in Oak Ridge.

Trey and Arron didn't get any help from their Oak Ridge coaches. They had to do it on their own.

825643978[/snapback]

Way to go!

• 2 weeks later...