Free Agency

Guest catfish-hunter

The Denver Broncos would have to be my pick because they have adressed every major need that they needed and the draft hasn't even gotten here yet. This is the make or break year for Jake Plummer in the Mile High City. Returning for Jake on the offensive side of the football will be 1,000 yd. receivers in 2004 Ashley Lelie and Rod Smith. The Broncos upgraded the tight-end position thsi off-season by signing free agen Stephen Alexander. He along with the re-signing of Patrick Hape at the same position means that DeWayne Carswell's days in Denver may be numbered because the Broncos aren't gonna waive Jeb Putzier after the season he had a year ago. The Broncos traded Ruben Droughns, which means that the Tatum Bell-Quenton Griffin era has begun in Denver. Both proved to have breakaway ability last year which is something the Broncos offense will look to improve on this upcoming year. Former Heisman Trophy winner and NY Giants back Ron Dayne signed recently and he'll have an opportunity to compete for the job. With Kyle Johnson back at fullback and Hape's ability as a blocker, Mike Anderson may not be on the roster this fall. Lepsis, Hamilton, Nalen, Carlisle, and Foster should start for the Broncos up front in September.

Defensively is where the Broncos really improved. Shanahan is going to the 3-4 scheme after seeing how New England has made it work so well against Manning and the Colts the past two years. Linebacker Al Wilson will be back in the middle along with last year's rookie phenom DJ Williams. The Broncos went out in free agency and got former starter Ian Gold from the Bucs and they also resigned former Pro-Bowler Keith Burns. Ellis Johnson will be back this next year on the defensive front and joining him will be Courtney Brown, Ebenezer Ekuban, Michael Myers, and Gerard Warren. The re-signing of Luther Ellis means that the Broncos will likely release former all pro tackle Trevor Pryce (who has been limited in recent years due to back problems). Champ Bailey and John Lynch are back in the secondary, but the Broncos still could use improvement here. That was exposed when Manning picked on Kelley Herndon two years ago and Roc Alexander last year in the playoffs. Look for the Broncos to focus on this area in the draft.

Special teams will always be fine as long as Jason Elam is handling the kicking chores.

Wow, cat...didn't realize how much the Broncos have done...You're right their moves are quite impressive. Plummer is a decent QB, he's just living in the shadow of , in my opinion, the greatest QB of my generation. Elway was amazing.

Shanahan is a top-notch coach who provides a contender every year....Hope they do well. Classy organization.

dont yall ever watch ESPN...the Vikings have improved the most. their defense was their weakness last year and they added LB Napoleon Harris in the Moss deal, Fred Smoot from the Skins, Darren Sharper from the Packers....thats 3 probowl caliber guys they've added on defense. that secondary with Sharper, Smoot, and Winfield will be one of the best in the league. plus they got the #7 pick from the Raiders which they'll most likely use on Mike Williams to replace Moss and they have another first round pick as well.

Plummer is a decent QB, he's just living in the shadow of , in my opinion, the greatest QB of my generation. Elway was amazing.

825647879[/snapback]

plummer isnt all that great, he just has a really good o-line to start behind. that o-line is the reason that the broncos keep putting out all those good rb's.

Guest catfish-hunter
plummer isnt all that great, he just has a really good o-line to start behind. that o-line is the reason that the broncos keep putting out all those good rb's.

825649349[/snapback]

I love watching the Broncos O-Line get after folks!!! They play hard nosed aggressive football which is why they put out guys like Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Ruben Droughns, and Quenton Griffin. Tatum Bell has the ability to be a great back, but he must learn how to hold on to the football. Ron Dayne also may rejuvinate his career behind this line.

I love watching the Broncos O-Line get after folks!!!  They play hard nosed aggressive football which is why they put out guys like Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Ruben Droughns, and Quenton Griffin.  Tatum Bell has the ability to be a great back, but he must learn how to hold on to the football.  Ron Dayne also may rejuvinate his career behind this line.

825650170[/snapback]

catfish they could put you behind that line and you would be the next Bronco 1000 yard rushing phenom. last year they took a full back who was about 6th on the depth chart coming into the season and turned him into a star. then when they get traded away from Denver, they are a bust.....Clinton Portis couldnt do crap last year on a team that constantly runs the ball and this year Droughns will find his way back to the bottom of the depth chart towards the end of the season. on the other hand....Tatum Bell will have 1600 yards and 15 TD's. the Chiefs arent far behind in this department either. last year they had 3 different guys go over the 100 yard mark and have multi-TD games.

Guest catfish-hunter
catfish they could put you behind that line and you would be the next Bronco 1000 yard rushing phenom. last year they took a full back who was about 6th on the depth chart coming into the season and turned him into a star. then when they get traded away from Denver, they are a bust.....Clinton Portis couldnt do crap last year on a team that constantly runs the ball and this year Droughns will find his way back to the bottom of the depth chart towards the end of the season. on the other hand....Tatum Bell will have 1600 yards and 15 TD's. the Chiefs arent far behind in this department either. last year they had 3 different guys go over the 100 yard mark and have multi-TD games.

825650231[/snapback]

Yeah you are probably right, with the exception of me being a 1,000 yard back. Not even them boys could make me look good :lol::lol:

If the Chiefs and Denver could stop somebody on DEFENSE, then they might be the teams to beat in the AFC. Unfortunately however, they can't stop anyone and thus they are average teams at best who will always be remembered as the team that lost in the first round of the playoffs to teams like the Colts.

Guest catfish-hunter
The Denver Broncos would have to be my pick because they have adressed every major need that they needed and the draft hasn't even gotten here yet.  This is the make or break year for Jake Plummer in the Mile High City.  Returning for Jake on the offensive side of the football will be 1,000 yd. receivers in 2004 Ashley Lelie and Rod Smith.  The Broncos upgraded the tight-end position thsi off-season by signing free agen Stephen Alexander.  He along with the re-signing of Patrick Hape at the same position means that DeWayne Carswell's days in Denver may be numbered because the Broncos aren't gonna waive Jeb Putzier after the season he had a year ago.  The Broncos traded Ruben Droughns, which means that the Tatum Bell-Quenton Griffin era has begun in Denver.  Both proved to have breakaway ability last year which is something the Broncos offense will look to improve on this upcoming year.  Former Heisman Trophy winner and NY Giants back Ron Dayne signed recently and he'll have an opportunity to compete for the job.  With Kyle Johnson back at fullback and Hape's ability as a blocker, Mike Anderson may not be on the roster this fall.  Lepsis, Hamilton, Nalen, Carlisle, and Foster should start for the Broncos up front in September. 

Defensively is where the Broncos really improved.  Shanahan is going to the 3-4 scheme after seeing how New England has made it work so well against Manning and the Colts the past two years.  Linebacker Al Wilson will be back in the middle along with last year's rookie phenom DJ Williams.  The Broncos went out in free agency and got former starter Ian Gold from the Bucs and they also resigned former Pro-Bowler Keith Burns.  Ellis Johnson will be back this next year on the defensive front and joining him will be Courtney Brown, Ebenezer Ekuban, Michael Myers, and Gerard Warren.  The re-signing of Luther Ellis means that the Broncos will likely release former all pro tackle Trevor Pryce (who has been limited in recent years due to back problems).  Champ Bailey and John Lynch are back in the secondary, but the Broncos still could use improvement here.  That was exposed when Manning picked on Kelley Herndon two years ago and Roc Alexander last year in the playoffs.  Look for the Broncos to focus on this area in the draft. 

Special teams will always be fine as long as Jason Elam is handling the kicking chores.

825645962[/snapback]

Add defensive end Marco Coleman to the list of free agent defensive linemen to land in Denver this off-season thumb

Guest catfish-hunter

The Lions just got WR Kevin Johnson to sign last night. Now their recievers are Rogers, Roy Williams, Hakim, and KJ and their tight end is Marcus Pollard. With a player like Kevin Jones in the backfield and all of that talent surrounding you on offense, Joey better get it done early this next season or HE NEVER WILL!!!