Oak Ridge Blunders Again

catscratch

The "secret committee has voted unamimously to accept Joe Gaddis, the winningest coach in Oak Ridge history, the last coach to win a state championship, and a guy who made football exciting for players, students, and the community. Unbelievably,a lame duck principal has suddnely taken an interest in the process and has blocked this chioce, overriding the community of Oak Ridge (represented by the committee) and the superintendent and assistant superintendent. How can that be? How can a person who is not going to be at Oak Ridge next year, a person with zero accountability or stake in this process override a committee that has worked hard to find the person and best fit ? Is there some kind of agenda ? Makes you wonder. No matter your choice for head coach this is not right and I hope it can and will be correctted. Thank you committee for your hard work.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "secret committee has voted unamimously to accept Joe Gaddis, the winningest coach in Oak Ridge history, the last coach to win a state championship, and a guy who made football exciting for players, students, and the community. Unbelievably,a lame duck principal has suddnely taken an interest in the process and has blocked this chioce, overriding the community of Oak Ridge (represented by the committee) and the superintendent and assistant superintendent. How can that be? How can a person who is not going to be at Oak Ridge next year, a person with zero accountability or stake in this process override a committee that has worked hard to find the person and best fit ? Is there some kind of agenda ? Makes you  wonder. No matter your choice for head coach this is not right and I hope it can and will be correctted. Thank you committee for your hard work.

825645706[/snapback]

How can a principal have more influenece in this matter than the superintendent or asst superintendent? Didnt know that was possible. I hope things get sorted out in a proper matter for all parties. Sounds like Gaddis would be a great fit at OR once again with his past greatness with the school

This could get very ugly. IF THIS IS TRUE,the actions of someone without any accountability in the whole thing, will single handedly cause a bigger split in the whole community. I just hope this is only a misunderstanding or misinformation.

Edited by OR nole

Oak Ridge ended up with a terrible choice for a head coach last time with Bruce. So the Cats won a few games inspite of him most in the city could not stand his arrogance.

He was hired because the AD who was finished and a super leaving thought it was his turn. PLEASE

Wake up guys....HIRE THE RIGHT COACH with votes from people who are going to stay here.

Take Green off of the committee.

Yikes! I did jump the gun ... but it was you all that made me trigger happy, hehe. No seriously, this is a real messed up situation. I hope the right thing is done. Why even have a process with a committee if you are not going to allow them to do the job?

This leaves me scratching my head. None of this is in today's paper, because I just didn't feel right about helping spread the wildfire ... sure it will/has spread without any of my help.

I am resigned to wait on the call from Chuck with a name of the head coach. After that, I pray everyone can get together and get back to business.

By the way, what catscratch has said, is pretty much true, as sad as that is.

Not that I don't believe catscratch, but can anyone else confirm this is really the case? This is probably true, but let's get confirmation.

Remember last week when Tank jumped the gun and we all ran with it?

825645865[/snapback]