Best Teams in TN High School Football History

Guest catfish-hunter

9 hours ago, Devilsx4 said:

This year Greene Devils would have to be in the conversation 

Not even close!  Give it some thought with zero bias.  How many really great team have you ever watched play? I am talking about teams that were ranked in the top 25 of the country.  No team in Tennessee this season would even be in the discussion and a Top 10 team ever in Tennessee.

15 hours ago, cbg said:

Not even close!  Give it some thought with zero bias.  How many really great team have you ever watched play? I am talking about teams that were ranked in the top 25 of the country.  No team in Tennessee this season would even be in the discussion and a Top 10 team ever in Tennessee.

Lol exactly man all these people thinking just bc their team won state in their division they are “great” lol. The last few truly great teams I’d say TN has had would have been 2015 BA, 2012 Ensworth, 2009 MUS(Brunetti senior yr), and possibly the 2014 Maryville team that beat the loaded ravenwood team in OT

1. (95-96) Brentwood Academy - 2 time Mr Football Kursten Biggers, Tito Lee, Austin Kemp, Scott Wells, Richard Land... I can keep going on and on, team was loaded with POWER 5 talent. The best team I ever have seen and played against. back to back undefeated 5A state champions. Ranked #3 in USA Today National Poll

2. 1997 Pearl Cohn - scrimmaged them in the summer, absolutely loaded as well. Was the biggest, fastest public school I have ever seen. 

3. 1993 Lincoln County Falcons - Coach Louis Thompson's best team ever. Ranked 20th in USA Today Poll. Beat Riverdale in the Clinic Bowl (USA today top 5). Keith Henderson, David Groban, Chad Henderson. Best high school football game I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8hZluAhvU

Edited by My28SweepRight

2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

lol do some research and rethink this answer

I don't have to rethink my answer.  Huntingdon, CAK, Greeneville, Fulton, etc.....  Have all had teams average over 50 points a game in the last 6 years.   I'm sure there are others.   How many points you score doesn't make you an elite team by itself.   Who did you score that against?   How many points did you allow?   There is much more to the criteria that averaging a point a minute.   Your 1937 team which I doubt anyone outside of Springfield has heard about, may be the best, but based solely on what you shared, I'd say no.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 12:07 AM, zoneread56 said:

Lol exactly man all these people thinking just bc their team won state in their division they are “great” lol. The last few truly great teams I’d say TN has had would have been 2015 BA, 2012 Ensworth, 2009 MUS(Brunetti senior yr), and possibly the 2014 Maryville team that beat the loaded ravenwood team in OT

Alcoa ranked 13th in the Nation in 1989. Beat some sissy team for the state championship that year..........