Best Teams in TN High School Football History

Guest catfish-hunter

The 99 MBA team was better than the 00 team.

825649331[/snapback]

I'll second that.

That 1999 MBA team was spectacular in what is usually a very balanced league. To put that team's accomplishments in perspective, in the eight years of the "Super 7", seven of the eight champions either lost a league game along the way or had at least one league victory decided by 3 points or less. The other champion was the undefeated 1999 MBA team, which won all league games by at least 30 points during the regular season and saw its closest league game during the playoffs - a 28-point victory over McCallie in the semifinals.

You got that right.  I still can't believe we blew a 16-0 lead.

825647072[/snapback]

me too...Blackman woulda been in state finals if yall would have won that game.

I think I remember seeing the stats from '04 Riverdale team to '94 team and I believe the '94 team actually allowed fewer points than the '04 team. Alvin Duke also had about 50 TD"s that year by himself

me too...Blackman woulda been in state finals if yall would have won that game. 

I think I remember seeing the stats from '04 Riverdale team to '94 team and I believe the '94 team actually allowed fewer points than the '04 team.  Alvin Duke also had about 50 TD"s that year by himself

825649423[/snapback]

I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT i think ralph king broke alvins TD record someone correct me if i am wrong ... i think you are right on the defensive stats but it wasmt by many points ....i do not think blackman would have beaten i think it was Seveir County in the semi finals before the championship game they probably would not have turned the ball over 5 times like we did that night and we still won by 11 didnt we? i know i know it was a late TD by ralph king with about 2 minutes to go but it was still 11

I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT i think ralph king broke alvins TD record someone correct me if i am wrong ...  i think you are right on the defensive stats but it wasmt by many points ....i do not think blackman would have beaten i think it was Seveir County in the semi finals before the championship game they probably would not have turned the ball over 5 times like we did that night and we still won by 11 didnt we?  i know i know it was a late TD by ralph king with about 2 minutes to go but it was still 11

825649829[/snapback]

well just look at all the college talent on the 94 team: Alvin Duke, Antron Peebles, Fernando Bryant, Gerald Griffin. All of those guys signed division scholarships, with Griffin and Bryant having good college careers. The numbers maybe close, but to me the amount of talent that riverdale in 94 is the tiebreaker

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Apr 18 2005 - 12:59 AM']well just look at all the college talent on the 94 team: Alvin Duke, Antron Peebles, Fernando Bryant, Gerald Griffin. All of those guys signed division scholarships, with Griffin and Bryant having good college careers. The numbers maybe close, but to me the amount of talent that riverdale in 94 is the tiebreaker

825649832[/snapback]

David Coppeans signed with vandy and there was one more that signed a D1 and i cant remeber who it was also eric locke was on that team and corey carney went on to play at samford so i agree individual talent was definatly there but we are talking TEAM and as far as TEAM i am leaning torwards this years team however it is hard to say you are wrong so i wont but it is good we are talking about how great some of these RIVERDALE teams were hopefully in 2005 will be better than all of them GO WARRIORS

I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT i think ralph king broke alvins TD record someone correct me if i am wrong ...  i think you are right on the defensive stats but it wasmt by many points ....i do not think blackman would have beaten i think it was Seveir County in the semi finals before the championship game they probably would not have turned the ball over 5 times like we did that night and we still won by 11 didnt we?  i know i know it was a late TD by ralph king with about 2 minutes to go but it was still 11

825649829[/snapback]

I thought it was Soddy Daisy or Ooltewah (someone down in Chatt) that played the winner of the '01 quarterfinal between Blackman and Riverdale.

Im pretty sure Riverdale won by 4 17-13. Thats why we didnt go for a field goal inside the 5 because it still woudla been a 6 point game and a TD could still win it for Riverdale. I believe it was Dave Thomas that made the game saving tackle inside the 5 yd line that stopped Blackman from scoring after Rico busted that one loose to put Blackman in that position.

I want to say Alvin Duke had either 43 or 49 TD's that year and if so I dont see how King broke that record but I'm not sure on it.

Edited by Harris' hooligans