Best Teams in TN High School Football History

Guest catfish-hunter

I thought it was Soddy Daisy or Ooltewah (someone down in Chatt) that played the winner of the '01 quarterfinal between Blackman and Riverdale.

Im pretty sure Riverdale won by 4 17-13.  Thats why we didnt go for a field goal inside the 5 because it still woudla been a 6 point game and a TD could still win it for Riverdale.  I believe it was Dave Thomas that made the game saving tackle inside the 5 yd line that stopped Blackman from scoring after Rico busted that one loose to put Blackman in that position.

I want to say Alvin Duke had either 43 or 49 TD's that year and if so I dont see how King broke that record but I'm not sure on it.

825650239[/snapback]

you went for it on our end and we stopped you on 4th down and the first play from scrimmage ralph went up the middle for a TD run to make the margin an 11 point margin as far as our next opponent you are right it was ootlewah it was a mud bowl and that is when spike mcdaniel had is break out game (sevier county was 97) spike was carrying players 5-10 yards on his back that was a fun game very wet

Knox Central 91? Todd Heltons Senior year.

Knox Central 72 got beat by that great Tennessee High team.

Knox Central 99

Maryville has to be considered with all of their state Championships.

Alcoa also has had many grat teams over the years.

Oak Ridge has had several power house teams.

Knox Halls 86 and 96

825652558[/snapback]

Emory Hale said one of his best teams at Oak Ridge was the '73 team that beat undefeated Knox Central at Neyland stadium. This team put Oak Ridge back on the map./quote]

• Upvote 1