Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest catfish-hunter

Best Teams in TN High School Football History

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I don't have to rethink my answer.  Huntingdon, CAK, Greeneville, Fulton, etc.....  Have all had teams average over 50 points a game in the last 6 years.   I'm sure there are others.   How many points you score doesn't make you an elite team by itself.   Who did you score that against?   How many points did you allow?   There is much more to the criteria that averaging a point a minute.   Your 1937 team which I doubt anyone outside of Springfield has heard about, may be the best, but based solely on what you shared, I'd say no.

well that shows your smarts because i believe ripley's believe it or not isn't based in springfield tn. They are the ones that featured this team. Have any other teams you mentioned above been mentioned by a national brand? The teams you mentioned are great and I am not saying that anyone is better than the other but when a national brand gives them credit it weighs pretty heavy on them being one of Tn's elite teams from the past. They are not some local radio personality or some joe blow off the street. so like i said do some research before you discredit something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa ranked 13th in the Nation in 1989. Beat some sissy team for the state championship that year..........

Ok and did I say anything about that team... you sure do love the name calling lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

well that shows your smarts because i believe ripley's believe it or not isn't based in springfield tn. They are the ones that featured this team. Have any other teams you mentioned above been mentioned by a national brand? The teams you mentioned are great and I am not saying that anyone is better than the other but when a national brand gives them credit it weighs pretty heavy on them being one of Tn's elite teams from the past. They are not some local radio personality or some joe blow off the street. so like i said do some research before you discredit something.

 

dude get real some random team from 1937 could not even compete at all with teams today. mediocre teams today would smoke teams like those. lmao the forward pass was still somewhat new then and you think they could play with teams now cmon man cmon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

dude get real some random team from 1937 could not even compete at all with teams today. mediocre teams today would smoke teams like those. lmao the forward pass was still somewhat new then and you think they could play with teams now cmon man cmon

i did not say they could no where in my post. But this guy tried to discredit that team and they led the nation in scoring. not the state..not the area..the NATION. Sure football has evolved anyone can see that. But with that being said a number of the teams mentioned cant compete with some of the teams of today. But they can be in the conversation and for that guy to just discredit that without even knowing any facts was funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigdawgtn said:

i did not say they could no where in my post. But this guy tried to discredit that team and they led the nation in scoring. not the state..not the area..the NATION. Sure football has evolved anyone can see that. But with that being said a number of the teams mentioned cant compete with some of the teams of today. But they can be in the conversation and for that guy to just discredit that without even knowing any facts was funny. 

I've seen the light.  I know feel the 37 Springfield team is the most dominant of all time!  It's probably a good thing the '72 Dolphins didn't have that team on the schedule...  Geez dude why in the heck would you even bring up a freaking team from 37.   There may of been 50 football teams in the entire State at that time....  Are you serious??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've seen the light.  I know feel the 37 Springfield team is the most dominant of all time!  It's probably a good thing the '72 Dolphins didn't have that team on the schedule...  Geez dude why in the heck would you even bring up a freaking team from 37.   There may of been 50 football teams in the entire State at that time....  Are you serious??

people like you can't see the light. Wonder how many teams was in the nation? I am sorry I didn't see where the post had a time frame of teams that could be mentioned. No where did I ever say they could beat teams today, but if your gonna talk about best teams from TN I would have to say if a team led all schools in the nation in scoring...was mentioned by a national brand..why would they not be considered as one of the best tn has to offer in its football history. See your stuck in todays times. Funny thing is none of these teams can play each other so you will never know who is truely better than the other. Do i believe they could beat teams of todays time..no I don't. But my god its not the end of the world to bring up a old team like that that accomplished that much. Boyce Smith was there coach. Go to the Tssaa hall of fame and read about him and that team. There is a reason they are in there. Good thing people like you don't put that together because there would be no need for it because obviously anything that happened pre 70's don't really matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

people like you can't see the light. Wonder how many teams was in the nation? I am sorry I didn't see where the post had a time frame of teams that could be mentioned. No where did I ever say they could beat teams today, but if your gonna talk about best teams from TN I would have to say if a team led all schools in the nation in scoring...was mentioned by a national brand..why would they not be considered as one of the best tn has to offer in its football history. See your stuck in todays times. Funny thing is none of these teams can play each other so you will never know who is truely better than the other. Do i believe they could beat teams of todays time..no I don't. But my god its not the end of the world to bring up a old team like that that accomplished that much. Boyce Smith was there coach. Go to the Tssaa hall of fame and read about him and that team. There is a reason they are in there. Good thing people like you don't put that together because there would be no need for it because obviously anything that happened pre 70's don't really matter

I read the article when you first mentioned, it.  I'd say it was more about his brand of football than any team.   He had several successful seasons.   What I've tried to say over and over is the amount of points scored does not make a team "GREAT".   He had 6 undefeated teams, not one.    Ripley's Believe it or Not also featured a really tall guy, a really fat lady, a two headed goat....   I wouldn't exactly call that publication an authority on high school football.  

Here is the link so you know I did check your story out the first time:

Springfield Boyce Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I read the article when you first mentioned, it.  I'd say it was more about his brand of football than any team.   He had several successful seasons.   What I've tried to say over and over is the amount of points scored does not make a team "GREAT".   He had 6 undefeated teams, not one.    Ripley's Believe it or Not also featured a really tall guy, a really fat lady, a two headed goat....   I wouldn't exactly call that publication an authority on high school football.  

Here is the link so you know I did check your story out the first time:

Springfield Boyce Smith

so leading the entire nation in scoring does not make your team great? I mean come on man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

so leading the entire nation in scoring does not make your team great? I mean come on man. 

No it doesn’t bc it was in 1937. WW2 hadn’t even happened yet. A team from 1937 is not great by today’s standards get real 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

No it doesn’t bc it was in 1937. WW2 hadn’t even happened yet. A team from 1937 is not great by today’s standards get real 

so basically no team that was a old team in your eyes is a great team. So all the past champions at any level are basically nobody because they dont play in todays era?  LOL sorry to all the old timers in the world but you guys are not great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...