Spurrier Up To His Old Tricks

Steve Spurrier took a jab at Phil Fulmer and UT players' recent troubles with the law....

When asked about a recent altercation involving Syvelle Newton,Spurrier said.."Newton's was not a full blown fight.If you want to hear about some full blown fights,read about the Tennessee players,not our guys.We've not had any knock down grag out fights amongst our players."

Fulmer replied back..."He needs to take care of his own house and leave mine to me,first of all.He's got plenty of issues over there,I'm sure to deal with.We've had a lot worse things than this that we've gotten through.I don't care one way or the other what anybody says except the people that count."

South Carolina has had nine current or former Gamecocks arrested since January...I don't imagine now is the time to take stabs at Fulmer..He has very little patience right now..Also,I think Spurrier needs to remember he is not at Florida anymore..He had the players there to back up his big mouth..He doesn't at South Carolina....

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Carolina has had nine current or former Gamecocks arrested since January...I don't imagine now is the time to take stabs at Fulmer..He has very little patience right now..Also,I think Spurrier needs to remember he is not at Florida anymore..He had the players there to back up his big mouth..He doesn't at South Carolina....

825648337[/snapback]

The difference is that Spurrier 1) inherited all those players and 2) is removing most of them from the program.

Fulmer recruited all these guys, and he isn't trying to actually clean house, he's just handing out weak "indefinite suspensions" that do jack squat.

The difference is that Spurrier 1) inherited all those players and 2) is removing most of them from the program.

Fulmer recruited all these guys, and he isn't trying to actually clean house, he's just handing out weak "indefinite suspensions" that do jack squat.

825653827[/snapback]

Good Point! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Spurrier cleaning house? He hasnt dismissed one player that would mean anything to the team! Fulmer on the other hand has gave Banks his walking papers then gave Schaffer the opportunity to go to the door or Fulmer was going to show him to the door! And on the other hand you have to respect Fulmer for understanding that people make bad decisions in life and if they deserve another opportunity then he gives it to them and lets them know they are walking on a thin wire! And he has yet to have the second offense with theses guys! thumb

Fulmer keeping on doing what you are doing, you are the man! thumb

Spurrier cleaning house? He hasnt dismissed one player that would mean anything to the team! Fulmer on the other hand has gave Banks his walking papers then gave Schaffer the opportunity to go to the door or Fulmer was going to show him to the door! And on the other hand you have to respect Fulmer for understanding that people make bad decisions in life and if they deserve another opportunity then he gives it to them and lets them know they are walking on a thin wire! And he has yet to have the second offense with theses guys! thumb

Fulmer keeping on doing what you are doing, you are the man! thumb

825665684[/snapback]

How much was Banks going to play? And with all that went on with him, he was going to be cut loose by someone higher up than Fulmer.

As for Schaeffer? Please...nothing in Fulmer's track record suggests there's any way he would have let Schaeffer go if he didn't have Ainge, Clausen, and Crompton.

Spurrier has dropped the axe on was South Carolina's leading rusher last year, their leader in TFL's, and a bunch of others.

Who has been arrested that Spurrier didn't cut loose? One offensive lineman is all I can find...

How much was Banks going to play?  And with all that went on with him, he was going to be cut loose by someone higher up than Fulmer.

As for Schaeffer?  Please...nothing in Fulmer's track record suggests there's any way he would have let Schaeffer go if he didn't have Ainge, Clausen, and Crompton.

Spurrier has dropped the axe on was South Carolina's leading rusher last year, their leader in TFL's, and a bunch of others.

Who has been arrested that Spurrier didn't cut loose?  One offensive lineman is all I can find...

825667875[/snapback]

So Spurrier cut a 487 yard, 1 TD back! LOL, he can find those a dime a dozen! But Fulmer cut a potential 1000 yard 10-12 TD reciever who in his Soph season caught 42 balls for 621 yards and 6 TD's, who if he had of keep his head on straight would have joined the long list of great UT recievers and no doubt would have been a solid NFL draft pick! But then again since Fulmer was stacked at WR he could afford to do that I guess? Dont know what that sounds like to you, but it sounds like to me that we got ourselves not only a great coach but also a great recruiter! thumb

So Spurrier cut a 487 yard, 1 TD back! LOL, he can find those a dime a dozen! But Fulmer cut a potential 1000 yard 10-12 TD reciever who in his Soph season caught 42 balls for 621 yards and 6 TD's, who if he had of keep his head on straight would have joined the long list of great UT recievers and no doubt would have been a solid NFL draft pick! But then again since Fulmer was stacked at WR he could afford to do that I guess? Dont know what that sounds like to you, but it sounds like to me that we got ourselves not only a great coach but also a great recruiter! thumb

825667971[/snapback]

AMEN

• 3 weeks later...

Don't let the Vol haters get under your skin. Fulmer runs a tight ship at UT! He got rid of Onterrio Smith a few years ago and look what he did! He goes to Oregon, plays and becomes a NFL RB. By looking at his recent troubles makes one wonder why nothing was said at OU right! There are numerous others such as theLouisville WR so Fulmer cleans house as needed.

Don't let the Vol haters get under your skin. Fulmer runs a tight ship at UT! He got rid of Onterrio Smith a few years ago and look what  he did! He goes to Oregon, plays and becomes a NFL RB. By looking at his recent troubles makes one wonder why nothing was said at OU right! There are numerous others  such as theLouisville WR so Fulmer cleans house as needed.

825682356[/snapback]

Spurrier runs a tighter ship than Fulmer ever has. But nobody on here will admit it.

Spurrier runs a tighter ship than Fulmer ever has.  But nobody on here will admit it.

825682400[/snapback]

Why would anyone admit something that is not true! Spurrier will kick your butt off the team in a hurry if you are not a contributer, but if you can help him win in anyway, he will find a way to put a positive spin on it, or try to make another university look worse than his!