Spurrier Up To His Old Tricks

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone admit something that is not true! Spurrier will kick your butt off the team in a hurry if you are not a contributer, but if you can help him win in anyway, he will find a way to put a positive spin on it, or try to make another university look worse than his!

825682846[/snapback]

...and Fulmer has kicked out how many of the players currently facing The Man about criminal issues?

...and Fulmer has kicked out how many of the players currently facing The Man about criminal issues?

825683015[/snapback]

Well, technically, they have not been proven guilty. I know that sounds like hog wash. But for an example. Let's say you were in college playing football at UT. You had consensual sex with a female. She screams rape to everyone. You are going to court over it. Would you like to know that your coach is going to stand behind you until he finds out that you are guilty or what? There is some question about one of the aforementioned players, that Fulmer doesn't even think was there. A mistake in identity. Let's say he wasn't, and you were him. How would you feel if he kicked you off and you weren't even there. Besides, all successful people are targets! Both are good coaches and recruiters. That is a proven fact. And yes I am a UT fan. But, I will also be the first to tell you if I thought Fulmer was in the wrong. He has a good track record. The comments by Spurrier were too funny!

Well, technically, they have not been proven guilty.  I know that sounds like hog wash.  But for an example.  Let's say you were in college playing football at UT.  You had consensual sex with a female.  She screams rape to everyone.  You are going to court over it.  Would you like to know that your coach is going to stand behind you until he finds out that you are guilty or what?  There is some question about one of the aforementioned players, that Fulmer doesn't even think was there.  A mistake in identity.  Let's say he wasn't, and you were him.  How would you feel if he kicked you off and you weren't even there.  Besides, all successful people are targets!  Both are good coaches and recruiters.  That is a proven fact.  And yes I am a UT fan.  But, I will also be the first to tell you if I thought Fulmer was in the wrong.  He has a good track record.  The comments by Spurrier were too funny!

825684141[/snapback]

Now why is nobody giving this defense on Spurrier's behalf? He's kicked out everybody that's been found guilty and even another one or wo who haven't.

Now why is nobody giving this defense on Spurrier's behalf?  He's kicked out everybody that's been found guilty and even another one or wo who haven't.

825684197[/snapback]

because this is tennessee and Steve Spurrier is like the anti-christ here; after he was embarrassed in the NFL he should have stayed out of coaching

Phil Fulmer for Gov. thumb

Now why is nobody giving this defense on Spurrier's behalf?  He's kicked out everybody that's been found guilty and even another one or wo who haven't.

825684197[/snapback]

Well, I think we all know that Fulmer and Spurrier both will show you the door if you do something wrong, but to say that Spurrier runs a tighter ship that Fulmer is just totally false!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not gonna get into who runs a tighter ship or whether or not someone is the anti-Christ (those folks in Johnson City who named the football stadium after him certainly don't think that way). ... I just want to ask a question. When did it become a college coach's responsibility to babysit these adults?!?!? Seems to me, if they had gotten any discipline at all when they were growing up, many (not all, but many) of these incidents would have never taken place. Where are their families, especially their fathers??? Instead of looking to blame the college coach and the college football program, maybe we should be looking at the players' home life long before they got to college.